What's Missing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conformist, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Conformist

znelbok

Enable/Disable of night light feature

znelbok, Mar 28, 2008
  2. Conformist

Conformist

With a Group Address?

Conformist, Mar 28, 2008
  3. Conformist

desd

18" rack mount versions of audio matrix switcher and amps
    Higher power amps (with built in power supplies!!)
    Video switchers (component, HDMI)

Definitely WiFi tablet solution

Plug-in for Win MCE for audio and video

desd, Mar 28, 2008
  4. Conformist

Conformist

Hi Desd

Approx. how many projects have you used the C-Bus audio on? How many would you expect to install in the next 12 months(with or without) any of the features you have requested?

Conformist, Mar 28, 2008
  5. Conformist

5coobyd00

Get 'better' at what Clipsal is already 'good' at - Lighting

Ability to trigger and dim a Scene up and down from the same button.
    More blocks on DLT Units (A third page too maybe?)

I also aggree with znelbok -
    RGB LED controller
    IR input with more groups
    Direct control of LED's on switches and coloured LED's
    Fan controller

And Charlie Crackle -
    Clipsal need a "Cheap" 8 channel relay module....
    virtual outputs giving MMI

Thanks for reading! :)

5coobyd00, Mar 29, 2008
  6. Conformist

TheBear

My list...

To do...
    Cheap 8 ch LV relay module.
    Fuse protected DIN dimmer unit.
    2A 8 ch DIN dimmer unit.
    3 state change-over relay DIN module. ("nnc-normaly not connected")
    Option to order engraved Saturn caps.

Not to do...
    Audio and Video modules

TheBear, Mar 29, 2008
  7. Conformist

ICS-GS

What about the NEO ???

Works fine for me!

ICS-GS, Mar 29, 2008
  8. Conformist

Charlie Crackle

Network Module with second serial port avaliable

This is a request from a long way back.

CNI with the second serial port avaliable on a RJ45 connector

Second the

CBUS LED controller

The 240/12v 50w Transformer with two cbus RJ45 connects in the side Dimmer would be good idea !

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Mar 29, 2008
  9. Conformist

ICS-GS

Agree with you 100% on that, but you kinda got the point. As far as i understood, the primary function was to make a lot of noise when sensing 'smoke'.

But what i was illuding to is, right now, to intergrate smoke detectors into an installation, you have to install the detector and an isolation module then hook it up to a c-bus input device, if they had a GA available as an AUXILLARY function, you would then be able to turn on specific lights in the event of a particular detector going into alarm, as most installations have more than one detector, this could be handy.

But if people already have auxillaries linked into alarm panels for reporting, etc. yes i agree, this is more important than feeding your automation system status signals. But from what i generally see, most units are installed as stand alone units.

just wanted to clarify...

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Mar 29, 2008
  10. Conformist

znelbok

yep, just like the enable/disable on PIR's and others

znelbok, Mar 29, 2008
  11. Conformist

amberelectrics

Re the smoke detectors. To get this approved would probably be a nightmare. Over here the smoke detectors have to be directly linked, mains powered and batery backed. The only way I can see this operating is to have a cbus interface on a standard smoke detector. As this in effect would only be able to report back the detector in alarm state, I dont see a big benefit for this in a domestic situation.

Instead do as already suggested, use the remote switching to run a relay or aux input unit, this could then be used to supplementary warning audio, switch on lights, dial out whatever.

I suspect getting a smoke alarm with cbus approved would be even more of a nightmare than getting the occupancy sensors approved for use as main alarm sensors.

Not to mention all the different regulations around the world.

Just my tuppence worth.

Cheers

Simon

P.S. A dual tap PSU for the CNI and GIM modules would be just dandy.

amberelectrics, Mar 30, 2008
  12. Conformist

muppets

sorry doubling up - door bell input (led-lit) as posted today in hardware.

a cut down version of homegate that will work on a pda/windows mobile for access over wan or wireless.

muppets, Mar 30, 2008
  13. Conformist

2SC

A touch screen for the C-Bus wireless system would be very nice.

2SC, Mar 30, 2008
  14. Conformist

Darpa

It would probably be far cheaper if a plug-in wireless module was made that could be pluged into a C-Touch.

Maybe that plug-in module could be designed, or another version made that would work with normal PCs, so you could connect to a wireless C-bus network without the need for a CNI or PCI.

Although not sure how popular this would be...

Darpa, Mar 30, 2008
  15. Conformist

hobson

doorbell!

A big vote for a DOORBELL COUPLER here.

Perhaps otherwise known as a PASSTHROUGH COUPLER.

Basically a C-Bus Bus Coupler with one input channel for the doorbell and one output channel for the ringer (voltage kept separate).

Pros:
    - it can be retrofitted in-line into an existing wired install - just snip a wire!
    - works with any existing or new doorbell of owner's preference
    - expensive part is safe in roof, not mounted outside where it can be stolen or broken
    - doesn't need money spent on a styling that still won't please everyone

The above reasons are why I would prefer this instead of an all-in-one external doorbell input unit.

hobson, Mar 31, 2008
  16. Conformist

nickrusanov

thank you for the question

OK, let's see, what will make C-Bus a killer system

common
    1. easier wiring. look, people don't use screwdrivers for this anymore (http://www.wago.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-53EFFEF9-B5FDB2F0/wago/style.xsl/lvi_274.htm)

2. 220V +-10% in Russia is a standard. please support, if possible

3. LED controller (DALI is OK, but if the name is in the catalogue - it will make good marketing)

4. RS485 in Pascal (I know there are converters, but having it inside, or a Clipsal named converter device would be great)

5. DLT with bigger color screen, more functions, IR and temperature sensor inside

6. Bus-coupler style relay (with normal and change-over modes)

commercial:
    1. many channel i/o modules

(it's like like http://www.wago.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-53EFFEF9-A851FC92/wago/style.xsl/lvi_337.htm), so C-Bus could be useful not only for lighting, but for other BMS applications

one DIN sized module should have up to 8 inputs/outputs (24V-digital-analogue)

2. CNI with builtin LON, BacNet and Modbus (over TCP/IP, so it's only software update)

We've had too many of those lost projects because we cannot integrate Daikin VRV or Veissman (I know about Xenta 913, but it's too expensive and complex solution for a normal C-Bus integrator)

3. OPC Server compatibility

4. C-Bus hotel line products (like ULTI)

5. Key input unit with thermostat functions and temperature display (http://www.merten.de/html/en/1321.html)

residential:

1. LED illuminated designs (http://www.gira.com/en/produkte/druckansicht.phtml?id=425)

Also film-based designs, which look like touchscreens, but much cheaper (like http://www.elanhomesystems.com/product/interfaces/olexl/). Up to 24 functions may be programmed on this one.

2. Wireless
    Real wireless products which do not need batteries (like http://www.thermokon.de/index.php?showMenu=37&contentID=61)

Wireless free locate switches

24 function Radio remote control, which can work directly with C-Bus Wireless Interface (without plugs)

Radio PIR's

3. Video multiroom matrix switch

4. Intercom solution (maybe for touchscreens)

5. More multi-function detectors (weather or humidity-temperature)

6. Air quality detector (or at least cigarette smoke detector)

7. Bigger hi-res Colour C-Touch with sound

8. Cheaper multifuction input unit (like http://amx.com/products/product360.asp?product=MIO-DMS&folder=MIO-DMS) with a screen. Like a real dynamic DLT

9. Pascal controller Logic programms database. And rs-232 drivers for third party devices database

nickrusanov, Mar 31, 2008
  17. Conformist

desd

(Hi Desd

Approx. how many projects have you used the C-Bus audio on? How many would you expect to install in the next 12 months(with or without) any of the features you have requested?)

Hi Conformist

Our business is geared to do integration of C-Bus with security and access control, AV & HT, HVAC, Pool Control etc. We will be involved with AV in every project we do - typically around 8-10 high-end resdential projects, controlling 150-200 circuits. We would try and use Clipsal MRA where suitable, but go to other solutions when more power is required. We will typically use Video Switchers from Kramer, with RS-232 control via CTC. We will also typically have all the control (AV, Data, Voice) equipment centralised and in a floor standing rack enclousre. The Clipsal amps, particularly if you have 8 or more look a bit silly in this environment and messy with external PS's.
    The use of a tablet has been frequently asked for and is available from other competitive manufacturers. We have some opportunities not having one. Using UMPC's with Homegate is OK but without significant effort, you cannot get a truly integrated solution for C-Bus and AV (incl IR).

desd, Mar 31, 2008
  18. Conformist

froop

How about cbus integrated power outlets, so I don't need a bulky wireless device on the wall. Either wired, or wireless with all the bulk hidden in the wall behind the faceplate, and maybe just an antenna poking out the front if its required for better reception.

froop, Mar 31, 2008
  19. Conformist

ICS-GS

Same goes for DLT Backlight & Indicators to be seperately controlled on DLT

ICS-GS, Apr 2, 2008
  20. Conformist

DSV

Disable/Enable Corridor Linking on Multi sensor

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but would be great if the Corridor Linking function on the multi sensor could be enabled/disabled independently. This will enable the sensor to operate as a motion sensor and light level sensor during the day and at night also enable the corridor linking function. I have noticed that enabling the corridor linking function put a lot of traffice on the network.

I also agree that it would be great if we had more that 4 logic groups for relays and dimmers. A 12 channel relay should have 12 logic groups and like wise a 8 channel relay/dimmer should have 8 logic group addresses.

Cheers.

DSV, Apr 2, 2008
Ask a Question