What would cause this to happen !!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I had a wierd event happen Last night.

The light in my office just went out. I looked at the wall plate and the Red LED on the switch was ON. I thaught "Wait and see the the light on the switch go off when the CBUS Checker realises the miss match). This did not happen. Tried pressing the switch .... Nothing happend.

Down to the Garrage to look at the CBUS Modules.

ONE DIMMER was completely OFF (The one that controlled the office)
    THe UNIT LED was Off the CBUS light was off. the channel Lights were very DIM for the LOADs that were supposed to be on.

THe CBUS LIGHTS ON all the other modules were flashing very fast (this module was in the middle of the bus)

Turned the circut breaker that controls this Module OFF then ON and all came good. The UNIT LIGHT came on and the CBus LED came on. THe load lights came on.

THe office light worked again.

It was not till the next day I noticed C-TOUCH (B/W) was saying "Initiatilising" with a bar graph. When the bargraph got to the end it would reboot and say "Initilising again" I took the unit off the wall and unplugged the CBUS and then replugged and all came good. (would there have been another way to do this without screwing off the wall ??)

What would have casued the Module to just shut down. It was as if it had no power to the power supply ??

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Jun 9, 2005
  2. Charlie Crackle

znelbok

There are goolies programed into these things - didn't you know that.

My lights started cycling, ch8 to ch1 in sequence and then off fo a second and it just keep repeating. Switching loads on or off via a key inpt would make no difference.

Seriously, do you have a mouse problem (you may now anyway), I have found the little blighters like the warmth of the panels and like to live in there if they can get in. Once in they cause havoc to the system.

Sometimes they dont actually destry anythig, but other times they can short the electronics out and you get very strange results as I have indicated above.

Mick

znelbok, Jun 9, 2005
  3. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charles

Sounds like the C-Bus power supply went hay-wire in that unit.

The CBus LEDs on the output units flash fast when the C-Bus voltage drops below 20V and go out completely if there's no valid clock signal or if the voltage drops below 15V

I'm guessing that the unit that went crazy is a non-P product, i.e. has the integrated 200mA C-Bus power supply and when it went down there was marginal network voltage.

As to why it did so in the first place, no idea, sorry.

BTW, what's the firmware version in your C-Touch? Some early versions had issues with multiple resets when the network voltage is down a bit.

Newman, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Charlie Crackle

CC&C

I had exactly the same thing happen to me the other night. I was installing a new PIR at the time and I accidently left off connecting one of the CBUS negatives. My B&W C-Touch just kept on initialising and intialising as you described. I suspected that I had done something wrong with the new PIR so I went and had a look and rectified it. I then had to disconnect the CBus network from C-Touch in order to get it to work again. If the fault occurs again for me in the future, I'll be checking my network connections. Cheers, CC&C.

CC&C, Jun 10, 2005
Ask a Question