What is this? How do I set this up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissH, Jun 13, 2022.

1. MissH

MissH

Hi everyone!

I am unfortunately not very tech savvy and all of this is very new to me so apologies in advance for my newbie questions.
    We recently moved into a new place with this touch screen at the entrance. It appears to control the lights but it currently isn't working. Everything else in the house still works so it's not a big issue for us but I just want to try and sort it out if possible.

I did some searching and it appears to be part of a C-Bus system? I can't tell what version it is/what system it's using/the specifications of it etc - I can't seem to find any similar photos or information online. Can someone who happens to know help me with this?

When I dug a little deeper, the screen asked for login details which the previous owner didn't provide. How should I go about sorting this out? Is there someone I will need to contact?

Thank you so much in advance!

Attached Files:

MissH, Jun 13, 2022
  2. MissH

Conformist

Where are you located? City and Country would be helpful

Conformist, Jun 14, 2022
  3. MissH

MissH

Hi, please don't worry about this.
    I finally got into contact with the previous owner and he said it was an old c-bus system that's no longer in use and has been replaced by control4. Is there a way to close this thread?

MissH, Jun 14, 2022
  4. MissH

Trevor

Hi,
    What you have there is a colour touch screen, manufactured by Arbor Australia for Clipsal. I worked for Arbor providing a repair service for these, and for JEA Technologies has taken over the repairs.
    Judging from the picture and your description of the problem your screen is working, but perhaps not connecting to the cbus network correctly, if you press a button does it turn the light instantly? If not it has a transmit error that can be repaired. To get into your system configuration you will need to get the project edited by a cbus technician, or someone who can reprogram your existing project. But you may still have hardware problems. I can offer you a complete solution, by providing the repairs to the hardware and fixing your current project so you can get access to all of it. Someone has put security checks in place so the project and its settings are protected. All fixable.
    The approximate cost would be around $350
    The only drawback is you would have to send the screen to me for this, we are located in Nunawading, Victoria. The cbus system should keep working while the screen is disconnected. You can test this by removing the screen and disconnecting the power and cbus cable. The screen is a low voltage unit anyone who can use a screwdriver can do this. You can also just call me for assistance I'm happy to help you out, and there are many cbus techs around Australia that can go onsite as well.
    If your interested please call me on 0404887463.

Regards
    Trevor Callaghan
    JEA Technologies P/L
    [email protected]

Trevor, Jun 14, 2022
  5. MissH

Trevor

Oops was typing while you replied, do you want to sell the old screen? If its not veing used.

Trevor, Jun 14, 2022
  6. MissH

MissH

Hi Trevor,
    Thank you for the information. I'll note your number down and if I get too frustrated by the control4 system and want to set up a few projects of my own using the cbus system instead, I'll give you a call to fix it up.

MissH, Jun 14, 2022
  7. MissH

Trevor

No worries, just happy to help you out, and keep them going and me employed to do it.
    Regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Jun 14, 2022
Ask a Question