What is a Clipsal C-Bus 36 Pole Distribution Board?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sosharp, Jul 8, 2009.

1. sosharp

sosharp

Hi there, i am new to the c-bus system. I am currently building a house with Metricon and in the contract i have this "Provide 3 No. Clipsal C-Bus 36 Pole Distribution Board". The question i have here is what does the Clipsal C-Bus 36 Pole Distribution Board look like? Does it look like this [​IMG]

If it does then they have only install 2, Metricon have explained to me that they have installed 3 distribution boards within 2 enclosures. Can they really do that? Please help. Thanks.

sosharp, Jul 8, 2009
  2. sosharp

NickD Moderator

What you have posted is a photo of a 36 pole distribution board (it looks like a 4FCC36).

What they have explained to you doesn't make any sense to me.

Do you know exactly what in the way of C-Bus equipment is to be installed? This will tell us whether it will all fit in 2 of these boards or whether you really will need all 3. Is there another distribution board/switchboard for the rest of the installation (power circuits, RCD, main switch etc)?

Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    NickD, Jul 8, 2009
  3. sosharp

sosharp

Thanks Nick, i knew they were trying to make me pay for another board that i don't even need. I am installing 5 No. Clipsal C-Bus 12 Channel 10amp Relay unit and 1 Clipsal C-Bus 4 Channel 2amp Dimmer unit, so that is basically 6 slots which would fit perfectly in 2 no. 36 Pole Distribution Board.

Steve

sosharp, Jul 8, 2009
  4. sosharp

Conformist

What about the board that has your circuit breakers, main switch, RCD(s) etc? Are these also in a (third) 36 pole switchboard as Nick has highlighted?

Conformist, Jul 8, 2009
  5. sosharp

sosharp

Hi, they have completely installed the c-bus system and all i can see is 2 no. 36 Pole Distribution Board with the 5 relay unit and 1 dimmer unit. I don't have a clue where they have install the circuit breakers, main switch, RCD(s) etc.

sosharp, Jul 8, 2009
  6. sosharp

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Might be a silly question but have you checked your void spaces, closets, etc? It's quite possible for a board to wind up in an obscure nook or cranny.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    daniel, Jul 13, 2009
Ask a Question