What else should C-Bus have? 2016 poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by znelbok, Feb 10, 2016.

1. znelbok

znelbok

It was asked in another thread and it was a good question.

What else should C-Bus have in its portfolio? This can include both hardware and software.

To get the ball rolling with some ideas (good or bad)

- GPO's with single or dual relays. Either wired or wireless control.

- Battery powered wireless C-Bus key inputs (may already exist, but I don't see them in the catalog when I look).

- Ethernet-TCP/IP bridging.

- C-Bus over power-line (could be used with the GPO scenario). Much like Ethernet of Power-line technology. Could be used to extend C-Bus to locations that don't have C-Bus cabling but C-Bus gets added (shed, garage outbuilding of some sort). The Ethernet bridge would also achieve the same thing when coupled with an Ethernet over power adapter.

Mick

znelbok, Feb 10, 2016
  2. znelbok

hexagram

Downloadable "drivers" or logic modules for easier configuration of connectivity to third parties via RS232 rather than having to manually send each string (and reduce development/testing time). E.g. CoolMaster units, Integriti.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
    hexagram, Feb 11, 2016
  3. znelbok

Conformist

Many years ago, I started a thread not unlike this one.
    (see http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4103)

I haven't looked back through it for a long time, but when I did (a minute ago), I was reminded of the many products that were requested and that they were taken to market.

Probably worth taking a look back through

Conformist, Feb 11, 2016
  4. znelbok

rikaussie

rikaussie, Feb 11, 2016
  5. znelbok

znelbok

Yes, I am surprised Clipsal ha snot created a dedicated LED module of some sort. LED is all the buzz now and we keep seeing questions come up about compatibility.

The old thread is a good one to read through. You get to see what progress really has been made. Lets hope we can see more like it to come.

znelbok, Feb 11, 2016
  6. znelbok

jboer

Hey, I was quite surprised to see the amount of devices that were done from that list, but as raised that was almost 8 years ago, but in light of the new 'roadmap' from the other post, hopefully C-Bus will be able to keep relevant.

A few of the things on my need/want list are:

* C-Bus Bridging over TCP/IP - This is almost a must, the amount of times C-Bus gets turned down because it is pretty much solely its own 'system' is countless, with out having a non redundant PC for bridging. Would be wonderful to have a way of having the best of both worlds.

* A 240V aux DIGITAL input - Mostly for circuit/CB monitoring, similar to the CMU, but as the amount of CMU units you can have on a system is VERY limited, it would be good to have a unit that only had a on/off output.

* 2 way DMX mapping - at least ways of triggering scenes ect with DMX. Also an increase of more than 12 groups for the DMX module.

* Agree with the LED C-Bus drivers, would be nice to have PWM, and a range of CC and CV outputs. Even if it was just 300, 500, 700, 1050mA CC and maybe 1-2A CV? That would probably fit most LED arrays that are used often, if you had a variable switchmode in it then you could adjust the voltage to what you needed.

That is most of the things that have been on my list for quite a while.

J

jboer, Feb 13, 2016
Ask a Question