What can a Colour C-Touch Really Do ??

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Jesmond, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Jesmond

Jesmond

Hi Guys,

I have looked around the forum and the web for information around the kinds of things people have gotten the 5050CTC to do.

Apart from the normal C-Bus kind of stuff, what else have people been able to do? I see from the latest discussions around IP Cameras this is possible, what else is there?

Could you kindly share some successes as I would really like to understand more about it's extra curricular capabilities. Even happy to hear from CIS Sales :eek: If you are listening :D

Thanks Heaps

Jesmond, Jun 9, 2006
  2. Jesmond

sasha

They are great for using as centralised control of your house. You can use it as a single point to store all of your scenes and schedules. They are also great for AV control and you can have lots of buttons on a page and they can all be labelled and/or have icons. I think that the latest version can control a media server too which would be cool. Displaying the weather forecast will be really cool - it is something I am very keen to use. I saw a posting on the logic code forum about using it with SMS. The possibilities for that are endless.

sasha, Jun 28, 2006
  3. Jesmond

Dak

I have one in the kitchen and one at the lobby entrance.
    Entrance CTC is used for lighting control, security and A/C.
    I have a html page setup so that at a push of a button i have the wheater forecast and synoptic charts on the screen.

Kitchen CTC is used for lighting control, have an index html page which then redirects to web pages that I visit regularly. I have a telephone directory and a few of my favorite recipes also programmed into the CTC. The telephone directory and recipes are probably not a smart idea, because if they need updating there is no easy way to do that (from an end user point of view) you need to reprogram the CTC using PICED.

Dak, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Jesmond

NickD Moderator

Could you put your recipes and telephone numbers on a remote webserver(well.. remote from the CTC.. it could still be on your local network).. and link to that from the CTC? The pages could be plain text, html, php, a wiki server... anything like that could be easily edited by the user.

Nick

NickD, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Jesmond

Dak

Thanks NickD.

the webserver is a great idea, and yeah would make the numbers and recipes much easiear for the end user to update.

Thanks again.

Dak, Jun 30, 2006
  6. Jesmond

Jesmond

Hey Dak,

How would you setup a CTC to be able to access web etc. I would really appreciate understanding this to extend my current offerings ?

Regards

Jesmond, Jul 3, 2006
  7. Jesmond

Darpa

Webpages on CTC

Just dont forget, if you're going to write webpages specifically for a CTC, it would be a good idea to code them specifically for the same resolution as the CTC's screen, (640x480), at least that way you wont have to deal with scroll bars!!!

Darpa :)

Darpa, Jul 3, 2006
Ask a Question