Welcome to the upgraded C-Bus Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ian, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Hello and welcome to the upgraded C-Bus Forums :).

You may have seen the announcement a few days ago that said the forums were being run by a new administrator - so I wanted to post this as a hello!

There is a lot of forum to be done to the forum over the coming 48 hours - so please consider the site as "beta" in it's current state. The transfer of forum software proved to be quite problematic due to some of the plugins not being compatible with our server, so I took the plunge and upgraded it immediately. To do without the plugins would have meant we would be overrun with spam on the old forum software (the previous administrator managed to block almost 600,000 spam registrations according to the logs!).

Please let me know any problems you spot with the forum upgrade in this thread. We're running the default theme at the moment, but this will change in a few hours. Forum icons, site text etc... all need to be added.

I'll post a little more on ideas and improvements once the forum upgrade is fully complete in the coming days.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Ian, Nov 1, 2017
  2. Ian

Ian Administrator

I've finished most of the cosmetic features of the site, although the logo and forum icons may have some little tweaks over the coming days. I hope the new site is working well for you all.

I'm in the process of adding an articles section to the site, so that we've got a repository for useful tutorials, information, etc... I'll begin by moving over existing articles, but I'll open it up in the coming days to accept new submissions, once we're ready.

Ian, Nov 2, 2017
    Mr Mark, Dutchy and jboer like this.
  3. Ian

Monkey Magic

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work. It's looking good.

Monkey Magic, Nov 2, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  4. Ian

Conformist

Hey Ian

Thanks for taking this over. Really good to see someone is continuing with this very valuable forum

Cheers

Conformist, Nov 3, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  5. Ian

abg

Thank you for continuing this excellent forum and thank you to the previous administrator. One of the main reasons I chose to use C-Bus (starting back in 2008) was the excellent advice posted here.

abg, Nov 5, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  6. Ian

fleetz

Thanks again Ian for taking on this valuable forum!

fleetz, Nov 8, 2017
    Mr Mark and Ian like this.
  7. Ian

allanf

Ian - Thank You, Site looks modern. Great Job.

allanf, Nov 10, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  8. Ian

Damaxx

Loving the updated look and feedback options. Appreciate you taking this on Ian
    Thank you to whoever the last administrator was also and thank you for passing the reins rather than letting the site die..

Damaxx, Nov 10, 2017
    Mr Mark and Ian like this.
  9. Ian

Zodie

Thanks for your efforts Ian. I browse via mobile and things look really good so far.

Zodie, Nov 10, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  10. Ian

Charlie Crackle

Thanks for your hard work and taking this project on. It is a valuable source of cbus Info

Charlie Crackle, Nov 14, 2017
    Ian likes this.
Ask a Question