Weird CTC behaviour

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by GlenF, Dec 3, 2018.

1. GlenF

GlenF

Hi all,
    Just checking my logic here before I do something drastic. I have been having some issues over the last few weeks where a number of functions have not been working properly. The sprinklers only work sporadically, the logic elements no longer function and some of the buttons on the CTC dont actually trigger the light. (ie the CTC press registers and the state changes but not the light and then a few seconds later the state updates back to the correct status). Also, when I scan the network the CTC either does not come up or it comes up but wont load when you try and open it in toolkit.

The common element to all these is obviously the CTC. I have reloaded the file but the behaviour still happens. It is connected as some of the functions still work and it reflects the status correctly but lots of bit are unreliable. It seems like there is a really noisy connection which is wierd because nothing has changed and it has been working for 2 years.

Any suggestions as to what might cause this or suggestion to fix? My next step is to replace this and the CNI with a SHAC but would be keen to leave it working if possible.

Thanks
    Glen

GlenF, Dec 3, 2018
  2. GlenF

Wonkey

Use Diagnostic utility and monitor your network traffic.
    See if the commands go out on to the network.
    Does the CTC respond to changes on the network hence does a button go ON and OFF
    Hopefully with that info you and figure out if its the CTC or not

Wonkey, Dec 5, 2018
  3. GlenF

GlenF

Thanks, will do

GlenF, Dec 6, 2018
  4. GlenF

Trevor

The above issue could be caused by a faulty transmit cicuit in the 5080CTC Color Touch Screen.
    This is a common fault caused by the age of the unit. These units can still be repaired by Arbor Australia. We were the original manufacturer of the units for Clipsal. i have attached our RMA form that is used to provide use with all the information we need to proccess your repair. I have also provided my contact details if you need to contact me directly.

This fault is more common on the older CTC1 and CTC2 units.

Symptoms of the transmit error....
    The Color Touch Screen can see all activity on the C-bus network but will not transmit commands to any devices when a control on the Color touch screen is pressed. This may happen all of a sudden or progressivly get worse with time. This fault causes the C-bus voltage to drop to a low level, if you disconnect the color touch from the C-bus network and the voltage is ok, this indicates it is most likely this fault causing the problem.

Note:- All 5080CTC Color Touch Screens CTC1, CTC2 and CTC3, can still be Serviced/Repaired by us. Any Spectrum B/W units can still be repaired by Schneider-Electric directly.

Regards,

Trevor Callaghan

Workshop Technician
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd

Unit 1/72 Bayfield Rd
    Bayswater North

Victoria 3153 Australia

Mobile : 0404 887 463

Phone : +61 3 8736 0328

Fax : +61 3 8736 0325
    Email : [email protected]

Attached Files: