Wav file limitation

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by BigBoyVn, Dec 10, 2008.

1. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

Hi everyone!

Would you please help me with this question:

I want to play a song Happy birthday with Color touch screen but it is impossible. The file is about 60KB.

May you tell me the limitation of wav file which can be played by Touch Screen ( size, time length, rate...)?

Thank you very much!
    BigBoy

BigBoyVn, Dec 10, 2008
  2. BigBoyVn

Darren Senior Member

Why do you say it is impossible? Does it just not work, or is there some sort of error message?

Darren, Dec 10, 2008
  3. BigBoyVn

ashleigh Moderator

The size of WAV files you can use is limited only by available memory. You should be able to use WAV files of many MB (limited by the size though of the rest of your project).

ashleigh, Dec 10, 2008
  4. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

I try to excute the wav file by logic, but touch screen display the file is missing. Then I create a button and use special function to excute wav file. It still display missing message.

I load project from the touch screen to PC to check and see that the file already loaded to touch screen. So I don't understand why it keep displaying the missing message.

I also read this threat about the missing file:
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3745

Please explain this to me.
    Thank you very much!

BigBoyVn, Dec 11, 2008
  5. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

PCM format

I checked the properties of PICED sound effect files, and found that these file are PCM format.
    So I convert my WAV files to PCM format by software (AMR convert pro), and they can be played by touchsreen using Special function.

But the same file can not be played by logic, touchscreen displayed the missing message. This is my logic code, please advise me if I did something wrong:

once showingpage("Happy birthday") then
    begin
    Execute ('C:\Clipsal\PICED\Projects\happy\happy.wav', '');
    end;

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
    BigBoyVn, Dec 12, 2008
  6. BigBoyVn

ashleigh Moderator

You need to make a hidden page or a page you do not use anywhere else.

Make a function or button on that page that references the WAV file (like you did to prove that it works).

Then leave that page in place and use your logic code. It should work then.

The reason for this is that PICED looks at the pages and contents of a project and only transfers things that are used. It can't tell from strings in logic code what those strings mean, so it can't tell that a WAV file needs to be transferred. So the optimisation process removes files that it thinks are not being used. This method forces it to be used, so the file is transferred, and then the logic will be ok.

ashleigh, Dec 12, 2008
Ask a Question