Volume via Saturn

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by syoule, Jan 3, 2007.

1. syoule

syoule

Hi,

I have setup 2 buttons on a Saturn to control volume + and volume - but I have to repeatedly press the button to control the volume. Can I setup the Saturn so I can press and hold a button to control the volume?

Regards,

Steve

syoule, Jan 3, 2007
  2. syoule

johnl

Yes you can.

Yes,you can press and hold to change the Volume.

Just change the Transmit Count value from 4(default) to 255, in the MARPA software Project>C-Bus IR Maps for that particular action. See attach.

Attached Files:

johnl, Jan 3, 2007
  3. syoule

Nathan

I tried this in Nirt but couldnt get it going anyone else had this same problem
    Cheers

Nathan, Jan 3, 2007
  4. syoule

Newman

Is your key configured as a Bell Press? Are you using Circa 2.2?

Newman, Jan 3, 2007
  5. syoule

syoule

Currently it's setup as a standard on/off although I think I tried a bell press at one stage. Currently using Circa 2.2

Regards,

Steve

syoule, Jan 3, 2007
  6. syoule

Richo

It needs to be a bell press to work. This has been tested recently a lot as there were some issues resolved in 2.1 & 2.2 regarding transmit counts. If you still have problems a copy of your Circa project file and backup of your Toolkit project would be handy. If you send them to tech support they can look into the issue.

Richo, Jan 4, 2007
  7. syoule

syoule

Hi Richo,

So does the transmit count need to be set to 255 using circa? currenlty it's at the standard 4. I tried setting the saturn to bell press but it still requires multiple press to increase/decrease volume.

Regards,

Steve

syoule, Jan 5, 2007
  8. syoule

MIB

Hi syoule,

Yep, bring the transmit count up to 255 frames, and the key function to Bell Press. Releasing the key on a Saturn that is set to Bell Press, will terminate the IR transmission immediately, so should yield the effect you want.

Hope that helps. :)

MIB, Jan 5, 2007
  9. syoule

Maurits Roos

The only way I have successfully been able to increase the frame rate and get it to work is to start a new project.

Drag your IR commands to the appropriate levels or Group addresses then test the Commands that you have increased the frame on and check that the Nirt plate is transmitting for the 255 frames (If you don't test it before you down load to the plate it doesn?t appear to store the frame count increase in the Plate) Then down load to the Nirt plate.

Maurits Roos, Jan 19, 2007
  10. syoule

Nathan

Dont we all love this #$@%ing Nirt productHow is the new usb lead travelling along.
    Regards

Nathan, Jan 20, 2007
  11. syoule

Richo

It's been dragging it's feet. I beleive the trial built product is in compliance certification at the moment. Hopefully they can start production soon. Is very frustrating as I have been using the USB cable since last October or Novemeber and it rocks. I'll try and findout more details Monday.

Richo, Jan 20, 2007
  12. syoule

MIB

I have noticed an issue where trying to edit the frame count in Circa, it doesn't change unless you enter the new value in the text field, then select something else, like another button or text field, in that window first, then click OK.

Perhaps this is the cause of the issue you have been experiencing?

This should be fixed in future versions...

MIB, Jan 20, 2007
  13. syoule

Richo

Arrrr ..... I know the cause of that. Will show you the source code fix monday.

Richo, Jan 21, 2007
  14. syoule

syoule

Hi All,

Thanks for everyones help so far but I have tried all that has been suggested and still no go. If I do a test from the Circa software, my volume continually goes up or down like I want it to do but as soon as I uploaded it to the Nirt and try from a saturn switch configured as a bell press it seems to only send through the original 4 frame count or, something else is causing it to stop sending the 255 frame count. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Regards,

Steve

syoule, Jan 21, 2007
Ask a Question