Voltage free relay components

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djtonyd, Apr 25, 2023.

1. djtonyd

djtonyd

Hi gurus

need help to find parts list for some replacement places for some models of the cbus 12/8 channel relay units, anyone know where or what website sticks these?

need transformer on the pcb old type, yellow and black one,

djtonyd, Apr 25, 2023
  2. djtonyd

Conformist

If you are looking to repair the power supply board for C-Bus relays, I'd tread carefully. If you replace any components, you are altering a manufactured product. By doing this, you run a risk when (re)connecting the modified product to fixed wiring (I'm assuming you are in Australia where this is prohibited). Manufactured products have strict compliance rules and repairs must be undertaken by qualified and authorized technicians. I'd love to be able to repair the 20 or so units I've replaced with new units, but there's no way I'd do that and potentially void insurance should something go wrong.
    I don't think anyone on here will be willing to help you I'm afraid.

Conformist, Apr 26, 2023
  3. djtonyd

djtonyd

I’m a licenced electrician. So all good and the unit is dated 2004 it’s for a demo test case for my apprentices to gain skills and knowledge of both cbus wiring and electronic soldering and testing. based in NSW Aus btw.

djtonyd, Apr 26, 2023
  4. djtonyd

Conformist

No probs.. Pop the test case on a plug and lead and you'll be good to go (not part of fixed wiring).

Conformist, Apr 26, 2023
  5. djtonyd

Trevor

I have looked into repairing these relays and dimmers and power supplies, but unfortunately due to the many versions/revisions over the years and the non availability of spare parts for some of them it is not economical to do so.
    If we did we may be able to repair 1 in 100 of the units we received which would be cost prohibitive.

i was given a number of dead units to experiment with so if your interested i can ship them up to your for the cost of the postage only.
    Contact me direct if your interested.

Trevor Callaghan
    JEA Technologies
    [email protected]
    0404 887 463

Trevor, Apr 26, 2023
Ask a Question