Visualization Issue

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by AntDwyer3875, Sep 20, 2021.

1. AntDwyer3875

AntDwyer3875

Tricky one to explain but help needed.

I am updating some screen visualizations within the web interphase.

When I test from within the portal is displays and renders correctly NO ISSUES.

When I test on any other device i.e. web browser on my PC it doesn't display the updates.
    I note It displays if I add a TEXT LABEL but not if I ADD an OBJECT.

So far I have:
    1. Tested on multiple devices
    2. Multiple browsers
    3. Normal mode and incognito
    4. Cleared cache and browser history
    5. On the Raspberry Pi I use I also purged Chromium and then reinstalled
    I note that the devices are working perfectly fine other than the new icons I have tried to add, just not displaying.

Nothing I have tried works, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Anthony

AntDwyer3875, Sep 20, 2021
  2. AntDwyer3875

Pie Boy

Not Trying to be smart or anything, but have you tried turning it off then turning it back on again??

do you experience the same issue after reboot?
    if you make some changes save and reboot and the changes aren't there after reboot most probably an SD card failure, easiest way to test would be to add some script reboot, then see if the script is indeed there on reboot.

have you got any additional css or javascript code on the front end? could be that some error is causing the error to load these additional elements in the vis, have you had a look at the browser console (F12) for ant errors?

also i assume these new buttons have objects assigned to them, i have had it before when a button had no object or it had an object assigned which had no valid value or object had previously been removed so vis did not display this button. or i forgot to click apply and the button was not saved.

that's my 10cents

Pie Boy, Sep 20, 2021
  3. AntDwyer3875

AntDwyer3875

Thanks for your quick response Pie Boy.

Yes many...many reboots :).
    No Java or CSS mods...

Your comments sent me to look in a different way.

I note that I can copy and paste existing objects and replicate them and it works and displays fine.

The issue seems to be in linking to an existing page. I'm selecting the link to > from the Dropdown menu.

To test I have recreated a new test page by duplicating and also manually, neither worked. As soon as I try and link to any new page it doesn't display. I can link to old pages created previously, and it works also in the NAC website portal.
    This has me stumped as I have used this link in menus and widgets previously without any issues.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Anthony

AntDwyer3875, Sep 20, 2021
Ask a Question