Virtual Dimmer

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by marktay, Dec 12, 2005.

1. marktay

marktay

I have been playing around with the PAC (and a Comfort system) for a while now, and I think I may be missing something.

One application I have been programming is using the SENPILL to detect movement as my childrens's bedroom doors open, and if it is a night time, light a path to the bathroom (at 25% so that it does not wake them up too much) and after 5 minutes of inactivity switch it off again.

SENPILL seems to really only want to switch things on or off, not set them to a level and given the circumstances I do not want to switch anything on to 100%. So what I have resorted to doing is to dedicate a dimmer channel as a state flag which then can be picked up by the PAC or Clipsal and logic executed. In the case of the application above, when the PAC sees this channel at 50% its executes the rest of the logic perfectly, its last action to reset the channel to zero. I also use this channel for passing state and triggering Responses in Comfort.

This does seem a rather wasteful way of doing it, using a physical device to pass state between software components, and it is certainly not scalable.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done in sofware on CBUS, and if there is no easy way, perhaps future versions of CBus software could have a vertual dimmer that looks like a normal device to input units and exists to store states or flags for the various logic devices on the network - perhaps this could be stored on the PAC, CTouch or PC Interface.

marktay, Dec 12, 2005
  2. marktay

Newman

Theres a much easier way...

Open the Multisensor UI and change the SP key function to Recall 1 on the key functions tab. Then, on the Blocks Tab, set the Recall 1 level to 25% for Block 2 (assuming your key/block mapping is default).

This will get the Multisensor setting a 25% level when it detects motion, rather than turning on to 100%.

No need for all that other clever tomfoolery!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2005
    Newman, Dec 12, 2005
Ask a Question