Very slow upload times to eDLT?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fleetz, Oct 11, 2014.

1. fleetz

fleetz

I am programming up a load of eDLT's at the moment and I am find some of the eDLT can take 2-3 minutes for a save to the unit (no save to database). Painfully slow.

I like to program up the keypads send to the keypads, check for any programming errors and once all is OK then send to the database. So I might a PITA.

Some of the unit rip along OK so it not all. I have the laptop connected via a 8 port unmanaged switch which in turn is connected to a CNI. Hard to ascertain if it is a LAN network issue, a C-Bus network issue a eDLT.

Anyone else experienced very slow uploads to a eDLT keypad? I am using 1.13.2 TK.

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, Oct 11, 2014
  2. fleetz

Conformist

Hi Fleetz

The units that are programming quickly are probably ones that include labels that are common ones that already are pre-programmed into the eDLT. Once the label has been sent once, you'll find future transfers will be much faster. The way the checksums work will ensure the fastest possible transfer.

A lot of careful planning went into making the transfer as fast as possible.

Hopefully, this answer helps

Conformist, Oct 12, 2014
  3. fleetz

fleetz

Hi Conformist,

I have no doubt a lot of planning went into not only the data transfer but the rest of the eDLT's. Kudos to all that worked on the product, they are brilliant. I programmed up 20 odd units today, the flexibility and ease of programming is amazing.

For those who have not programmed these before and are doing a lot for a project it is worth spending some time initially and set up a template. Then load the base template with the look and feel and layer your GAs, scenes etc from the there. The template feature saves a lot of time.

Thanks for the explanation it not only made sense but also I found once the labels had been sent subsequent uploads were indeed faster.:)

Some constructive suggestions from programming these for 8 solid hours.

What would be nice is if the graphical representation and or the DLT labels more accurately represented the actual keypad display. I spent a lot of time backward and forwards ensuring the display DLT labels did not truncate on the actual eDLT units. The DLT editor looked as though it is the same as the initial DLT editor?

Also it would be nice if next to each key assignment (lighting, scene etc widget assignment) that the GA label or Scene label is displayed. A number of the keypads had 2,3 or all 4 pages used and it would have been really handy to have just flicked through the pages so you can see what had been assigned to what keys on each page.

Another handy feature would be the ability to reorder the key assignments. A number of times I found I forgot to assign a GA or scene to the logical key and then it was a process of manually rippling all the GA/Scenes/keys from where the inserted key assignment was.

As I said these are constructive comments not criticisms..... I am very impressed with the eDLTs, they have raised the bar! :)

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, Oct 12, 2014
  4. fleetz

Conformist

Thanks Fleetz

Your feedback is pretty much aligned with what I also found. I think the ability to drag a widget not only within a page, but to another page would also be useful especially when you want to add something to a unit and find you could have better grouped items when first setting up the unit.

Conformist, Oct 12, 2014
Ask a Question