Velux windows

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by amberelectrics, Oct 25, 2007.

1. amberelectrics

amberelectrics

Ciuld someone give me a few pointers on using Velux windows with remote open motors and blinds. I need to integrate this into a new install and would just like to know how others are doing this.

Thanks

amberelectrics, Oct 25, 2007
  2. amberelectrics

znelbok

looking at the website I would guess that you would treat it the same as a blind. Saying that the new c-bus blind controller should do the trick.

By the way - when is it going to be released as I need some.

Mick

znelbok, Oct 26, 2007
  3. amberelectrics

amberelectrics

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Would be interested in the blind controller, but I bet it wont be released in the UK for a year or so after its released in Aus :(

Thanks

amberelectrics, Oct 26, 2007
  4. amberelectrics

Pie & Peas

For velux control we've used the velux KLF100, a wireless controller which you can program one per window or one per group of windows they're around ?75 in the UK ... this unit has 2 contact closures one for open one for close .. hit both at the same time and you can stop the window. Using PAC logic and timers you can open the windows to set positions. This is a simple way to operate all closed scenarios. You may need to use an aux input unit with mag contacts or the like for live feedback as to wether or not the windows are open or closed. We didn't get into blind control .. i'm not sure wether Velux do a similar wireless unit to control blinds also ??!

Cheers

Pie & Peas, Oct 26, 2007
  5. amberelectrics

Memphix

Like Pie & Peas said, use logic with those units. As stop is done by both channels being on, a shutter relay is no use (stop occurs by both channels being off).

Memphix, Sep 24, 2009
  6. amberelectrics

Aaron

Hi

The blind controllers are available in the uk - I've recently (in last few months anyway!!) bought two from c-bus shop?

HTH:)

Aaron, Sep 24, 2009
  7. amberelectrics

walkeraj

So can the new blind controller be used with the KLF100?

walkeraj, Nov 27, 2009
  8. amberelectrics

Conformist

Based on what has been posted above about this product, the shutter control relay will not be suitable. The 8 Channel ELV relay however, has been designed with such an application in mind. The relays can be pulsed in pairs (ie 1&2 together, 3&4 together etc...) to enable the stop.

Not too sure if this has been released in the UK however.

See... http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5396&highlight=elv+relay for further info on this product

Cheers

Conformist, Nov 27, 2009
  9. amberelectrics

oliverboyd

I've got 10 VSE M08s which have essentially two functions to control - window and blind

On the Velux side, I have 2 KLF-100's one for the windows and one for the blinds. I don't need to open them individually.

I have the 8 Channel ELV relay as suggested and wired as per the below (open Ch1, Close Ch2 and Stop), but where I am struggling is on the Wiser2 I want it to be setup the same way as I have for all the blind motors - 3 button switch (open, close, stop).

I've re-read the training manuals but I can't create a shutter widget in PICED! I can toggle the windows/blinds from a eDLT when I allocate each contact to a button but PICED won't let me create the widget.

Has anyone done this?

Cheers
    OB

oliverboyd, Jul 7, 2015
  10. amberelectrics

Nicwelch

Velux KLR 200

is the newer model able to be used with the blind control?
    Just been asked to integrate it onto the cbus system.

Nicwelch, Aug 24, 2016
  11. amberelectrics

NickD Moderator

Did you get this sorted?

If I understand correctly you want a 3 button control to effectively "bell press" 3 different groups.

The shutter relay widgets will not do what you want as they are designed specifically to drive the C-Bus Shutter Relay in "level translation" mode where the levels 0,1%, 2%, 98%, 99% and 100% are overloaded to implement 1,2, adn 3 button control.

You could possibly set up a shutter relay widget on an unused group address, and then write some logic to translate these levels to the 3 different group addresses.

For 3 button control
    100% = up
    2% = stop
    0% = down

For 2 button control
    99% = up/stop (if it's currently stopped, it will go up, if it's currently moving , it will stop)
    1% = down/stop

For 1 button control
    98% = down/stop/up

Hope this helps.

Nick

NickD, Aug 25, 2016
Ask a Question