Various LED woes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by countach, Jul 30, 2021.

1. countach

countach

I've got an older house, and a new extension with various LED woes. A few questions..

1) The dreaded glowing when off of 240V LED bulbs. For this I need the 31CAP, correct? The 31CAP is fairly expensive, so I could just replace the light fitting... but then again, I might still end up with the problem, I don't know how I would identifiy LED lights that would not have it.

2) 12v downlights. These are off... and then boom, every 5 minutes or so they flash bright, then go back to being off. Will this be solved with 31CAP, or should I replace them with 240v units?

3) Brand new LED downlights... they dim ok to about 40% or so, but from there down to low they become unstable... Usually working for a few minutes, and then they start to flicker. I realise LEDs in general are a bit dodgy on dimmers, but is this pretty typical, or have I got a bad brand of light? And will 31CAP do anything for this or not?

4) Where I am located, it's not always easy to find a c-bus guy... what is the instructions I can give to a regular electrician for installing the 31CAP? Is it just a matter of putting it on the positive wire from a particular channel?

[ Edit... I see there is also a 31LCDA... will this help me?]

countach, Jul 30, 2021
Ask a Question