Using the "scene store" feature

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by remotesolutions, Aug 28, 2006.

1. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Hi guys, hope everyone is well. I have a client that wishes to store his own scenes at his discretion, so I have added a page to his black & white touchscreen with 2 buttons on it 1 each for a favourite scene for him and his wife to set when they wish to. For some reason I can not get it to work. I have set the buttons to special function "scene store" and the scene to favourite scene 1 and 2. I created 2 scenes in scene manager titled favourite scene 1 and 2 and added the loads that they thought that they would want to control in their favourite scenes. C-Bus key function is set to "scene" and the scene groups are the favourite scene 1 and 2 for their respective buttons. In scene manager i have set a new group address for each set to 100%, then added the loads they wish to include in there scenes. This does not seem to work, I am sure that I am doing something silly wrong, but I cannot put my finger on it. Hope this makes sense. Put simply I want my clients to have the ability to set a scene themselves then change that particularlar scene when they wish to by holding the actual switch in the room and dimming the light to the level they desire, repeat this for the rest of the lights they wish to include and then go to there touchscreen and then store that scene,then of course repeat this process but of course seting different levels and then store that scene overiding the last.Any help as always will be greatly appreciated. many thanks Gavin...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2006
    remotesolutions, Aug 28, 2006
  2. remotesolutions

Darren Senior Member

It sounds like you are generally doing the right thing. It is hard to tell from the details what the problem may be. I would suggest sending the project archive to Tech Support so they can have a look.

Darren, Aug 29, 2006
  3. remotesolutions

pcwrecker

Hi, Did you or the tech support staff find a solution for this ?

pcwrecker, Nov 15, 2006
  4. remotesolutions

Darren Senior Member

Did you send your project in to Tech Support ?

Darren, Nov 15, 2006
  5. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Solution

Hi Everyone, sorry it has taken a long time to get back about this one. Now it has beena while since I have looked at this one but I am pretty sure that this wa the problem and rectification. I did not send the file to tech support. I had a long hard look at it and discussed it with my local rep and came to realise that it WAS something simple that I had overlooked. Under the scene store button I had created I had the key function set to scene and the scene group set to the favourite scene (with the various loads). Therfore I was continually setting the previous scene as apposed to having it set to "unused" and no scene group and just the special function set to scene store. which then let me store any number of different scenes. Hope this makes sense. Any how everybody have a great xmas and I am sure we will reconvine next year.

Cheers Gavin...

remotesolutions, Dec 2, 2006
Ask a Question