Using Off function for a scene trigger GA

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by 2SC, Jul 2, 2011.

1. 2SC

2SC

Α very convenient way to succeed ON/OFF in a scene (meaning that I manage to switch off the GA's that were turned on by the scene) is ... creating 2 scenes with the same trigger GA. The first one is the ON scene - the trigger GA in set to ON and the second is the OFF scene - the trigger GA is set to OFF.
    Assigning the trigger GA in a switch with ON/OFF function, I have the scene ON/OFF.

Today I had to assign in a keypad only the OFF command and it didn't work. I mean that I assigned the trigger control GA and selected OFF function but nothing happened. Temporally I let it with Bell press function.

Any idea why it didn't worked?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
    2SC, Jul 2, 2011
  2. 2SC

Don

Using a key unit to control a group to be ON or OFF, and setting the group to be a trigger group to control scenes does work. The Toggle key function does this nicely. Why your particular configuration failed I suspect, is because you only had one key and that key issued only an OFFKEY command.

The way OFFKEY works is to first check the state of the group, and only if it is NOT already OFF, an OFF command will issue on the network. With your setup, that can only work once, and after that the group will be OFF, and pressing the key will have no effect once the group is OFF.

A much better way for you to do what you want in this case would be to configure the key as a scene key. The scene can be empty (no controlled groups), but the trigger group must be set and the action selector should then be set to 0.

If you can't configure a scene key, then instead of OFFKEY, you can use RAMPOFF, which issues a command regardless of the state of the group.
    For key units with firmware versions higher than 1.00, you can also use RECALL, with the level to be recalled set to 0, which will also issue regardless of the state of the network variable.

Don, Jul 3, 2011
Ask a Question