Using Lighting Group To Enable Schedule

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by 7iron, Jun 3, 2013.

1. 7iron

7iron

Hi Guys

I've had a schedule running for 2 years or more using an Enable Group set from a DLT switch. Recently I changed the DLT's secondary application from the Enable Application to a custom application for a wireless network. Leaving the Lighting Application as my only option on the DLT to trigger the schedule. That should work right ??

Purpose of the schedule is to turn on a Hot Water heater after 11 pm to use off peak electricity. I don't want it to run every night - just when requested. The group that enables the schedule then gets turned off by another schedule that runs around 4 am.

However the schedule doesn't run and I've done some testing with schedules enabled from a lighting group and the don't appear to work (on a Wiser with PICED Version 4.11.3 )

Can anyone see what the problem is ??

Thanks heaps

Attached Files:

7iron, Jun 3, 2013
  2. 7iron

kjayakumar

Using a Lighting group as the enable for a schedule should work. I gave it a quick try on my setup with a Wiser. I had a schedule that turned off a light every 1 minute between 8pm and 11pm. I switched it to use a lighting group address as the enable. I then transferred this project to the Wiser. I then turned on the lighting group. After about 3 minutes, the schedule kicked off and was turning off the light every minute. Note, one thing that might catch people out is that the Wiser takes about 3 minutes to get date/time after bootup so if you are testing by setting up a schedule for a specific time, it might be scheduled to occur before the Wiser actually gets its time and thus did not run. You may also want to check if your Wiser is setup to use NTP (Project Details->NTP). I hope that helps.

kjayakumar, Jun 5, 2013
  3. 7iron

7iron

Thanks for trying it. I also tried something similar with no luck - will give it another go

7iron, Jun 6, 2013
  4. 7iron

stofilyuk

The same situation with schedule.

Hello Gyes!

I have the same situation. In pictures the same settings. The NTP is ON. No reaction by schedule. Why?! Should be simple.:mad: Setting are simple. But not working!
    For additional - if i changed time of schedule from web interface after that the Wiser is down in disconnect status. Why?!:confused:

stofilyuk, Sep 9, 2013
Ask a Question