Using eDLT with discrete H,M,L,O control for fan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grasshopper, Nov 5, 2015.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper

I'm trying to implement discrete buttons for High, Medium, Low and Off ceiling sweep fan control from an eDLT to an L5501RFCP. I've tried searching the forum for previous posts on this but I seem to keep coming up with irrelevant DLT guidelines.

I've tried using 4 scenes in the eDLT, with discrete levels of 100% (High), 65% (Medium), 34% (Low) and 0% (Off) respectively, for the lighting application group address assigned to the fan control relay. I've also chosen Action Selectors 3,2,1,0 (in that order) on Trigger Group 0 as the respective triggers.

On the eDLT I have 4 consecutive SCENE widget keys, each assigned as "Off/On" and labelled according to the respective static scene label belonging to scenes 1 to 4.

All works fine wrt to the relevant speeds changing on the L5501RFCP when respective eDLT buttons are pressed, along with led states on the physical keys. However, the Off key status led does not remain On when the Off key is pressed a first time despite the RFCP going to the Off state. Pressing the Off key a 2nd time ensures the status led for that key remains lit, as do the other keys upon pressing them a first and only time.

I've tried using different Action Selectors to no avail. Could someone please advise where I might be going wrong with this or if there's a better/easier way of achieving such discrete control.

Thank you for reading my longwinded explanation....

grasshopper, Nov 5, 2015
Ask a Question