Using a different group with button status

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by jboer, Aug 10, 2012.

1. jboer

jboer

Hey,

Is it possible to have the status features of a button/indicator in SP or PICED controlled by a different group? Like you can do on a standard hardware key with the indicator level option?

If not could this be incorporated in a future release? The last 3 projects I have done it would have been very handy to have a feature like this..

Thanks

jboer, Aug 10, 2012
  2. jboer

brett_lynn

i would just overlay a second button with status indication
    Active on
    Inactive Hidden

brett_lynn, Aug 10, 2012
  3. jboer

jboer

That is what I have been doing, but when you are up to 4 buttons all overlaid it can get very complicated.

jboer, Aug 10, 2012
  4. jboer

NickD Moderator

Why do you need 4 overlaid? Perhaps you can explain exactly what you're trying to achieve.

Nick

NickD, Aug 10, 2012
  5. jboer

jboer

I have just been trying to emulate what I have on a push button. The client doesn't like having to go through pages and pages and so would like to try and see the status with just the one button.

So when the button is disabled I have one component set on the disable group with alpha shading. So that when the disable is on that component shows that the button is disabled (I then have to have logic so that pushing the button on the screen actually doesn't do anything)

Then the next component is the actual button controlling the group I want, lets say this is a group controlling a timer in logic.

The next component is the group I actually want to show the status of, again lets say this is the group of the relay.

I did have the forth component as just another smaller indicator with variable alpha blending as a level indicator but have done away with that.

So I revise my count to 3 :) Is there a better/easier way of doing this? I know I will probably always have to have 2 components overlaid but when you are doing lots of buttons having triple the amount of buttons is time consuming.

jboer, Aug 10, 2012
  6. jboer

Darren Senior Member

You haven't really explained what you are trying to achieve. You have explained what your solution is. What we need to understand, is what the problem is that you are trying to solve.

I expect that the answer will be that you will need more than one button overlaid though.

It is unlikely that we will change the buttons to have a separate group address for the indicator. It will greatly complicate the PICED user interface in order to handle a rare requirement.

Darren, Aug 10, 2012
  7. jboer

jboer

I have a 30M button that when pressed activates a timer in logic that then based on other events activates an GA. The orange indicator in the button shows the state of that GA. When the button is disabled the indicator in the button turns blue showing that it is disabled.

I need to emulate this on a CTC. Therefore I need a virtual button to show when it is disabled, show the indication of one group and control another.

jboer, Aug 12, 2012
  8. jboer

Darren Senior Member

To replicate this in the CTC you will need two overlaid components; one to control the group which is used by the logic and one to display the status. It sounds like you have already worked out what is required.

Darren, Aug 13, 2012
Ask a Question