Using 5080CT2 Mono Screen on Icontrol

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by harro, Jun 28, 2008.

1. harro

harro

I have a customer who has just moved into a new home with Icontrol lighting. He's keen on using the 5080CT2 as a touch screen to control lighting using its RS232 interface. Has anyone used a C-Bus screen to do this and if so where can we find the relevant control codes, etc?

Harro

harro, Jun 28, 2008
  2. harro

Mr Mark

C-Bus / iControl

Harro,

I did an iControl course at the start of the year, and after being tagged as the Clipsal guy and being told how much better iControl was, looked into doing something similar to what you are trying to do as the HPM version of the touch screen goes for around $10k. A lot of long term HPM users said it couldn't be done, short answer - yes it can be done, but I wouldn't want to do 2 way comms for a large project.

For third party control C-Bus is easier due to the use of group addresses while HPM use more of a physical unit addressing approach for the RS-232 comms. Somewhere in the files at work is a document similar to the C-Bus Public release, if I can dig it out I'll PM it through to you. I'll have an archived version of the S+ file I used to test somewhere, so I'll look for that also.

Regards,

Mark

Mr Mark, Jun 29, 2008
  3. harro

harro

5080CT2 Mono Screen on Icontrol

Mark thanks for the response. I would appreciate any info. I get asked from time to time whether Clipsal touch screens can be used on 3rd party systems (using serial coms)......it would be good to know what limitations apply.

Harro

harro, Jun 29, 2008
Ask a Question