Use IR Reader to learn Air-Conditioner remote code

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Sang, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Sang

Sang

Did anyone try to use IR Reader to learn Air-Conditioner remote code and success to control the Air-Conditioner? I have tried it, but seems it can't work. So anyone can help?

Sang, Feb 26, 2007
  2. Sang

Conformist

I would strongly advise against learning air-cond IR strings! They can be long, complicated and often have imbedded, the time and date. This can cause undesired consequences (having experienced it 1st hand quite some time ago!)

Cheers

Conformist, Feb 26, 2007
  3. Sang

Sang

But the default IR database in CIRCA also have some air-cond. code.

Sang, Feb 27, 2007
  4. Sang

nickrusanov

Yes, there is some successful learning experience, but along with some unsuccessful.

nickrusanov, Mar 6, 2007
  5. Sang

MichaelCarey

I successfully "re-learnt" IR codes for my LG air con. The default Clipsal ones would not turn on the air con if it was off, they would change the temp but not switch it on.
    I borrowed an IR reader from CIS in Adelaide and was able to learn the appropriate codes without too much fuss.
    You have to prepare the remote control before you start each read so that the right code is sent by the remote. For instance, the LG sends mode, fan speed, vane movement, etc as well as the temp setting. You have to make sure that the remote is transmitting exactly what you want learnt.

MichaelCarey, May 2, 2007
  6. Sang

Newman

For most split system air conditioning systems the remote control is considered the state master. Each time the air con remote transmits a command it transmits the entire state of the air conditioner including things like mode, fan speed, swing, temperature, time, etc.

If you're going to use the 5034NIRT to control an air conditioner then you need to remember that the entire state of the air conditioner is updated when it receivs a command, not just the individual parameter that you want to adjust.

Newman, May 10, 2007
Ask a Question