Usb driver frustration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Corin

Corin

I have recently insalled toolkit 1.10.9 and PICED 4.7.2 on a new HP laptop runing Vista x 64.

I am yet to be able to get any USB device to work, ie - can not program a monochrome touch screen or PAC. In my device manager it shows a yellow exclamation mark next to the port.

If I click on update driver and navigate to the correct folder it will start the process and than dispalys an error whilst installing. If i go to add remove programs and try to uninstall the driver it displays a message saying "Could not access the uninstall information, check privilages"

At first I though the above was the same as administrator privileges but have tried the usual steps to no avail.

If anyone can help on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Corin

Corin, Dec 16, 2009
  2. Corin

Newman

3. Corin

Corin

Still having Driver Problems!!!

Thanx for the quick reply Newman,

I had tried all but the manuel deleting which I have now done

NOTE:

The following files could be found and were moved to a tempory folder;

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\silabenm.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\silabser.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WdfCoinstaller01005.dll
    C:\Program Files\Clipsal Integrated Systems\Clipsal USB Com Port Driver\*.*

The following could not;

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabwhnt.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabbus.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabcm.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabcmnt.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabser.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\slabwh.sys

and unfortunatly for me it was to no success, it seems to get stuck trying to uninstall in which it comes up error I do not have privileges.

Have you heard of maybe installing an earlier toolkit and/or PICED app that might resolve this??

Thanks in advance

Corin

Corin, Dec 16, 2009
  4. Corin

ashleigh Moderator

If you get errors about not having priveliges you need to make sure you are an administrator.

Under Vista, even "admin" users are not actually full admins... just to make things even worse.

Google for how to enable the administrator account in Vista, enable it, and use that to try and uninstall drivers.

Vista has made doing all this stuff extremely difficult.

ashleigh, Dec 16, 2009
  5. Corin

Corin

Still Dramas with USB Driver

I have set up the administrator through command prompt as suggested on a vista forum.

When I try to uninstall the USB comm port device (Driver removal) I still get the notice on the screen that states "Could not access the uninstall information, check privileges."

As stated earlier I think this is different from administrator privileges as I have ensured that it is running under that setting.

I believe that the Driver removal tool may be corrupt and would love to know how to manually remove it all.

Any Ideas??????

Corin, Dec 17, 2009
  6. Corin

Corin

Got a little further this Time!!!

I was able to manually delete the driver. I than re inserted the USB cable from the Pac to the PC.

I than navigated windows to clipsal integrated systems on C:\ where the driver software is located.

I than get the following error.

"

Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

C-Bus Pascal Automation Controller (5500PACA)

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver installation.

"

Can anyone help????

Corin, Dec 17, 2009
  7. Corin

Dave Byron

Corin
    Know this not much help to you at moment but I installed the drivers on Windows 7 with no trouble.
    So your next Windows upgrade will make the trouble go away.

dave

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Dave Byron, Dec 17, 2009
  8. Corin

dic

you wouldn't have Symantc Endpoint Protection vers 11 installed would you?

dic, Dec 18, 2009
  9. Corin

Snorting

Working yet?

Hi Corin
    I believe that I have had the exact same problem (until tonight!)
    I have a HP laptop running Vista Ultimate 64. I had to wait some time for the 64bit USB drivers to become available but once they were, everything ran fine. Then one day (maybe in Jan 2010) when I went to reprogram the PAC, there was a driver problem. I have had the same errors as you. Can't get it to run or uninstall. Have to say, this has been the most frustrating experience and I have had to retain an older machine just for PICED.
    Tonight I downloaded the latest Toolkit, PICED and TICA. I thought I would try plugging the PAC in again but same errors.
    Then I found your post.
    What I have done is:
    In Device Manager, my 5500PACA was listed twice (COM12) and (COM13). I uninstalled COM13 then uninstalled COM12 (with delete). The uninstall error came up for both.
    I then deleted:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\silabenm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\silabser
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\WdfCoinstaller01007.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipsal Integrated Systems\Clipsal USB Com Port Driver (all contents and folder itself)

I rebooted while pressing F8 and selected Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
    I reinstalled Toolkit and selected Force C-Bus USB driver installation. The same uninstall error appeared but I ignored it.
    I plugged in my PAC and for the first time in months, the driver loaded successfully! I went into PICED and tried to connect to the PAC. I had to change com ports but it now works.
    I hope you have had success and more than happy to discuss if I have missed something or not been clear.
    Regards

Snorting, Apr 24, 2010
Ask a Question