USA IP Cameras

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Duke D, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Duke D

Duke D

Does anyone have a current list of USA IP cameras and servers which are compatible with the CTC?

Of the 4 systems listed in the Webcam Wizard in PICED, only one is available here. The Axis 2100, which has been replaced with the Axis 210. Can anyone confirm this still a compatible camera? Any experience on what the refresh rate is on the CTC with this camera?

What is a reasonable expectation on frame rate for the CTC (regardless of camera brand)?

Also - In searching the forum on this topic, it appears another solution is to find an IP camera which will push static .jpg images. I located a list which has several of the 'hidden' .jpg push addresses listed. I've tested the one for the Trendnet TV-IP100 (Which on the CTC produces a max refresh rate of about .9 seconds).

http://www.smartvue.com/html/iphone_support.htm

Duke D, Apr 14, 2009
  2. Duke D

Darren Senior Member

Darren, Apr 15, 2009
  3. Duke D

ashleigh Moderator

I'd strongly suggest using the static JPG method. It's more foolproof with a wide range of cameras.

The performance using both methods is much the same (the streaming JPG method, when you get into the gory technical details, is actually just sending a bunch of static JPG's one after the other, using a PUSH method... the static JPG with lots-of-updates is much more universally supported, its a PULL method from the CTC...)

Performance in all cases is not all that fast - up to about 4 fps is possible, it depends on how big the image is, what else you have on the pages, and what the camera can deliver. It will never be motion picture quality :(

ashleigh, Apr 15, 2009
  4. Duke D

Duke D

Had my terminology wrong - Thanks for straightening me out!

Appreciate the help.

Duke D, Apr 15, 2009
Ask a Question