US line discontinued ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CABrouwes, Jun 1, 2015.

1. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

CABrouwes, Jun 1, 2015
  2. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

US Discontinuation confirmed

Schneider US confirmed to me that the C-Bus line is discontinued in the US. They will still supply parts to existing installations. I asked about the power parts (dimmers, relays, ...), i was told they will continue to be manufactured to UL standard and thus usable in the US.
    If any other US users needs help, they should contact [email protected] +1 615 287 3331
    Also this company http://intrecservices.com/ seems specialized in importing clipsal products in the US.

CABrouwes, Jun 1, 2015
  3. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

Any suggestion for life after Cbus.

Now that my system is orphaned (re: Cbus is discontinued in the US). I am wondering what to do ? At some point in time the power components will die and parts of my home will loose lighting or draperies control.
    I am considering two strategies.
    1. Stock up on replacement components now.
    2. Retrofit another system, Is there any other system that uses the same wiring ?

CABrouwes, Jun 3, 2015
  4. CABrouwes

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi CABrouwes,

The C-Bus product range is still sold internationally.

There was a sub-range of wall switches (Saturn, eDLT, etc) developed for US standard dimensions, but all the behind-the-wall stuff is the same globally.

So maybe stock a couple of 4+ gang switches. Even if those die you can always ebay what you need or use a C-Bus bus-coupler behind a conventional faceplate.

daniel, Jun 9, 2015
  5. CABrouwes

CABrouwes

Thanks for the response. But what about power modules, e.g. dimmers and relays ? I assume the stock of 125V UL products will soon be gone. Are the international products usable ? I assume a 220V/10A/50hz relay can replace a 125V/10A/60hz one (and is probably the same). Also, I think I remember that some of the original dimmers that were installed looked like relabeled international products (the 8X2A/110V/60hz was a relabeled a 8X1A/220V/50hz),What about power supplies ?

CABrouwes, Jun 22, 2015
  6. CABrouwes

ievolve

I too would like to know about the power modules. I have loved my clipsal system, it makes be sick that I would not be able to get parts. I really feel like not enough was done to provide a solution for all the existing US customers who have effectively been orphaned.

Is anyone aware of any topologies that are similar enough that would prevent me from having to rewire my home to replace my clipsal stuff?

ievolve, Jul 12, 2016
Ask a Question