US compatibility

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by emillika, Feb 22, 2007.

1. emillika

emillika

Can someone provide me with a list of C-Bus devices that will work here in the US? I am aware of the voltage differences between the US and the Uk/AUS but was curious what low voltage devices might work here once I get my SquareD/Clipsal system in-place.

Thanks.

emillika, Feb 22, 2007
  2. emillika

NickD Moderator

I'm not sure how much we can tell you... but have you checked out the website?

http://www.squaredlightingcontrol.com/

If you want to ask specific questions about product that you see on that site, we can possibly help you out.

Nick

NickD, Feb 22, 2007
  3. emillika

UncleSam

They're on their way

SqD Clipsal will have a range of 120V DIN and PRO dimmers with the DIN dimmers coming in 8 x 2A and 4 x 4A flavours (both in 12 mod DIN case) the higher Amps per channel that the 240V versions sold elsewere i n the World is due to laxer EMC requirements (which mean less filters and chokes etc that dissipate heat) and more robust TRIAC's that are available for 120V use.

The PRO Dimmer range - 4 x 5A, 2 x 10A 1 x 20A - will be pretty much the same as the existing 240V models (er... except that they will work on 120V of course).

The 4 and 12 channel 10A relays, the 4 channel 20A relays and the 0-10 Analogue outputs will be available in 120V and in 277V (the latter for commercial use) versions.

Currently only the NEO and Saturn plates and DLT units will be bought over for the key inputs but there will be a couple of new ranges based on the Decorator style common in the US called SqD Clipsal Dekko in a NEO and in a Saturn 'look'.

All the usual PIR, Lightsensor, buscoupler, aux input, Colour and B&W touch screens, IR tx etc will also be available.

All products will be UL and FCC approved to the relevent standards

UncleSam, Feb 26, 2007
  4. emillika

emillika

Thanks guys!

I guess Uncle Sam answered my questions. I am looking to find out what low voltage parts that haven't been released here in the US that I could source over seas.

Here is my starter kit of the US parts. The keypads and other parts order to follow.

1 SLC60MFG
    3 SLC4CSF8
    1 SLC5508TD2A
    3 SLC5504TD4A
    1 SLC5500PC

I really like the color touchscreen but I have heard it will be around $3500us... ouch. I have seen it outside the US for around $2200.

Take care,

Elmer

emillika, Mar 1, 2007
  5. emillika

richms

Will the decor controls become available back in aus/nz after launch? Reason I ask is that theres already a lot of US sized plate gear out there installed, and they could gang up with them behind a multiway plate.

richms, Mar 7, 2007
Ask a Question