URL settings for web camera widget.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wappinghigh, Jun 27, 2009.

1. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

I have an express6 video server that can convert analogue camera signals into digital. These are viewable as webcams and can be uploaded onto a webserver as jpeg images.

I can view the individual camera's directly from a web browser eg

http:/192.168.0.x:81/camera.html?0 for camera one. http:/192.168.0.x:81/camera.html?1 for camera 2 etc

I have the express6 on port 81 because my wiser is set on the default 80 port

So I assume I can also get the Wiser widget to view these images as well....in a similar fashion to viewing a webcam

But when I enter the above URL settings into the web camera widget...I get no streaming of them within wiser.

I've visited the Express FAQ...and found the following: I quote....

"Q/ I can browse to the Express 6 and see the images, but the images are not being sent to my web site.

A/The Express 6 sends images to your server using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Make sure that you have it enabled on the FTP configuration menu. If it is, double check the basics:
    Is the hostname correct?
    Are the username and password correct?
    Is the path to the image valid?
    Do you have permissions to upload?

If you are certain that these are all correct, check the type of FTP server that you have.
    Have you tried enabling the "Delete before rename" option?
    Is it Microsoft's IIS 4.0/5.0?
    Does your server require passive mode?
    Click the check boxes that apply to your FTP server type/settings."

Could this be a password issue
    Can I get any clues from anyone as to what URL settings I might need for the Wiser web camera widget to work and how to set this up??:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
    wappinghigh, Jun 27, 2009
  2. wappinghigh

kjayakumar

Maybe I misunderstood your question but it sounds like the above entry answers it. The Wiser does not have an FTP server so it can't receive images. The way the Wiser's UI "sees" surveillance devices is that the devices need to expose a web accessible non-password protected JPEG image. For example, I have an IP camera that exposes a JPEG snapshot as http://192.168.2.150/cgi-bin/video.jpg . So I fill that URL into the Wiser widget in PICED so that when I then use the Wiser UI, it goes and fetches the image from that source. It has to be unauthenticated because Adobe Flash does not allow cross-site authentication by Flash applications.

kjayakumar, Jun 27, 2009
  3. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Ok Thanks

Thanks for being very helpful as always!...

I'll try and get the URL "snapshot" jpeg settings off Stardot Express6.

In meantime does Wiser support an HTML component?

This would be even cooler as I have 6 webcams I can definitely view in this fashion. It would be snappier, a sinch to view and set up....and as a bonus, other websites could be viewed as well:):):)

wappinghigh, Jun 27, 2009
  4. wappinghigh

kjayakumar

As far as I know of today's available implementations, Adobe Flash doesn't support rendering HTML inside a Flash application. I'm not certain of this but even Microsoft Media Center plugins have to kick out of Media Center and run Internet Explorer if they want to render any HTML content.

kjayakumar, Jun 29, 2009
  5. wappinghigh

wappinghigh

Thanks for help...

OK.

Brilliant. Received details for express6. Up and working.

Is there a thread, or library where we can share these IP camera/video server login details?

I'd be more than happy to share, as the express6 is a great little device for anyone who has analogue cameras and needs to convert them to IP...

If anyone is interested the details needed for the wiser widget for the express6 is

?http://ip-address/jpeg.cgi?0?

where each camera is 0-5 (there can be 6 cameras on the express6)

Catch ya all....:)

wappinghigh, Jun 30, 2009
Ask a Question