Urgent help needed with getting a temperature reading

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by simon.mcdonnell, Jan 29, 2015.

1. simon.mcdonnell

simon.mcdonnell

Hi,

I have taken over a system controlled by clipsal. I have successfully managed to integrate the lighting and blinds via a serial interface using the protocol documents. I am having some problems getting some temperature values back from a PC_GIM. I can see in the protocol document for the 'measurement application' that the data messages are sent from a device when the value changes, a specified time interval has elapsed or after the device has received a request for an update (via a control trigger). As I can't see any data being received via the serial interface I assume that the data messages are not sent to the interface when the value changes or the time is elapsed? I have looked into control triggers and I'm completely lost as to what command to use.

I have attached some screen shots from c-bus toolkit for the PC_GIM settings to see if they help understand my problem. Images 1-3 are from one PC_GIM and 4-5 are from another.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm very much stuck and not sure who to turn to for help.

Thanks,
    Simon

Attached Files:

simon.mcdonnell, Jan 29, 2015
  2. simon.mcdonnell

simon.mcdonnell

I've somehow got the strings being received from the PC_GIM modules. I connected to the C-Bus system via the pc interface and scanned the network and also checked the application log. I then disconnected after not changing any settings and then reconnected the crestron system I have controlling the clipsal system and suddenly I noticed all the strings coming back from the PC_GIM modules. Sadly some of the readings are not correct but I think that is down to faulty temp sensors.

Not sure why this has happened but at least I have the right information!

simon.mcdonnell, Jan 30, 2015
  3. simon.mcdonnell

tsman

Install the diagnostic utility from http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/commissioning_tools and monitor the bus. It'll show you exactly what is happening and also give you the ability to send messages manually. Be careful about what you send though as you've got a live running network so don't want to disrupt anything.

tsman, Jan 30, 2015
  4. simon.mcdonnell

simon.mcdonnell

Hi Tsman,

That's perfect! Exactly the sort of thing I was after, will help alot.

Thanks,
    Simon

simon.mcdonnell, Jan 30, 2015
Ask a Question