Urgent! Aircond Status Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecksiang, Oct 7, 2010.

1. tecksiang

tecksiang

Hi all..I have successfully did the c-bus lighting status update using my pronto from the c-bus MMI report. However, I do not know why I couldn't retrieve the status of my aircond thou both of them are having the same applcation address (38). When I on/off the aircond, the MMI report remain the same without any changes on the respective group address. What could be the possible prob? Would appreciate if someone could help me out as i need to figure it out urgently latest by tomorrow. :confused: :(

tecksiang, Oct 7, 2010
  2. tecksiang

Newman

The status of group addresses in an MMI is only reported by Output units (Relays, Dimmers, etc). If you have a C-Bus Thermostat unit controlling your Air Conditioner, the state of the groups does not get reported in the MMI.

For these type of units you need to understand and decode the C-Bus messages that turn things on and off instead.

If you have a C-Bus Relay unit controlling the Air Conditioner, and one relay channel is dedicated for the On/Off function, then the status will be reported in the MMI.

Newman, Oct 7, 2010
  3. tecksiang

tecksiang

ya..i'm not using any thermostat but relay only. The very weird thing is that the status of the lightings are updated whereas the a/c are not. So i was thinking mayb someone might have faced the same problem like me b4.

I have limited time to try on the on/off messages yet. Anyway, the idea issit stated in Page 15 of CIS Public Release Protocol? When i issue a command \05.. to turn on the lighting group add, the PCI would return 05... (Monitor Examples)?

tecksiang, Oct 8, 2010
  4. tecksiang

Newman

Is it possible that you are turning the group address on and off again too quickly? MMI's only occur every 3 seconds and if you toggle on/off faster than this it is possible that you will see something like:

• MMI (status for group is off)
    • On command sent
    • Off command sent
    • MMI (status for group is off)

Newman, Oct 8, 2010
  5. tecksiang

tecksiang

nope..i even on the aircond for a few minutes worried that the status update for an inverter a/c would take longer time as compared to the ligting system..

tecksiang, Oct 8, 2010
  6. tecksiang

Newman

To be clear I understand, you are saying that you turn on Group Address X and, when you inspect the MMI, the MMI says that Group Address X is Off? Or is it Unused?

Newman, Oct 8, 2010
  7. tecksiang

tecksiang

Unused. Return = 00 (hex)

tecksiang, Oct 8, 2010
  8. tecksiang

Newman

If the group address that you're looking at in the MMI shows as Unused then there can only be a few possible explanations:

• You're looking at the wrong position in the MMI.
    • The relay unit is not on the Lighting Application. This can happen when you have a decimal/hexadecimal mix-up (Lighting Application 56 in decimal equates to 38 in hexadecimal)
    Use the C-Bus Diagnostic utility. Connect to C-Bus and press the button on the C-Bus unit that is controlling the relay. Look at the C-Bus message that is generated. Make sure the Air Conditioner unit turns on. If the command is of the form "05xx38xxxxxx" then that confirms that the switch and relay unit are both using the default primary lighting application.

Newman, Oct 8, 2010
  9. tecksiang

tecksiang

thanks Newman. I had figured out where's the problem lies. Actually there's another Cytech Comfort Unit in this integration. Which means that instead of
    S/W - Relay - Aircond, is now become S/W - Relay - Comfort - Aircond. Hence, i was not be able to get the status of the a/c. Anyway..thanks for your help. Might be seeking for more advice from u in the future as i am still very new in this intelligent home field. (2 weeks..:D)

tecksiang, Oct 9, 2010
  10. tecksiang

Newman

Can I encourage you in the future to please post as much information as possible when seeking help. The fact that the AC control is going through a Comfort system is a critical piece of information and I would have been able to diagnose your problem in an instant if you'd mentioned it.

Newman, Oct 9, 2010
  11. tecksiang

tecksiang

Very sorry. I was not been told by my boss until I have raised up such issue. Or else, i would have knew where the problem lies in the very beginning. Anyway..thanks alot for your help! :)

tecksiang, Oct 9, 2010
Ask a Question