upgrading toolkit, - any problems?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Neil C, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Neil C

Neil C

I have a number of projects which I have configured under toolkit version 1.5.3, and a couple of projects on another PC which is running toolkit version 1.8.1. If I was to upgrade them both to 1.8.1, would there be any possible problems? Is it just a question of loading the 1.8.1 version on the older PC, and letting it find the existing projects, which it will upgrade automatically, or is there more to it than this?

It's important that I am able to use the toolkit on the various older projects which were configured with the 1.5.3 version, so I am a little reluctant to upgrade the toolkit until I know it won't cause me any grief.

Any comments or advise will be most thankfully received.

Neil C, Oct 1, 2008
  2. Neil C

______.

I so far have not had any problems upgrading from one version of toolkit to another as far as files not working go....
    One thing to do before doing your upgrade is to copy all the toolkit files so that just in case someting does happen in the upgrade you can always go back to the older untouched versions

______., Oct 1, 2008
Ask a Question