Upgrading from Wiser 1 box to 5500NAC2

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Michaelsimp, Jun 6, 2024.

1. Michaelsimp

Michaelsimp

Hi
    I have a Wiser 1 systems controlling my CBUS home network.
    I have the Toolkit and PICED software and the database for my home and I am reasonably familiar with how it works.
    I recently upgraded to the latest Toolkit and PICED and imported my old database, and everything is working fine.

However the Wiser 1 box needs Flash for browser, so I was running a projector on my PCs as I can no longer use a browser. But the latest PCIED no longer seems to support a projector (Why?). Also my new iPhones can't connect to the Wiser 1 any more using the original Wiser App which is no longer on the Appstore.

So I need to upgrade my Wiser 1 box with a 5500NAC2.
    My supplier can supply the unit but has no-one capable of installing and commissioning it.
    I am pretty IT capable and feel I should be able to do this myself if someone point me to a guide on the process of how to go about this. I am not even sure if the 5500NAC2 uses Toolkit and PICED.

A steer from someone would be much appreciated.

Michaelsimp, Jun 6, 2024
  2. Michaelsimp

Wonkey

I think you will find the latest app supports both wiser 1 and 2 at least it does for the android version.
    The 5500NAC2 is a completely different beast and it is programmed via a browser served up from the unit itself. Hence PICED is not used.
    The downside of this is you cannot have a go at programming it without purchasing one.
    Logic within the unit is LUA instead of PASCAL, expect a large learning curve, it very capable but not as easy as to program as a Wiser.
    Consider the Wiser 2 (now known as SpaceLogic C-Bus Home Controller 5200HC2) if you really need to view on a browser Note that the latest version does not have wifi hence needs an ethernet cable to it

Wonkey, Jun 6, 2024
  3. Michaelsimp

RyelecAutomation

We'd be happy to help out if you need. We are based in Sydney but can offer remote help.
    Feel free to send us an email to discuss - [email protected]

You'll use your Toolkit file by importing the Toolkit CGL file into the SHAC web editor and then assigning all those objects onto buttons on your pages. For C-Bus upgrades I usually have the PICED file open on my computer to cross-reference but no you won't use PICED directly anymore.

We have a graphics package on our online store which acts as a template to create your own app design with the SHAC/NAC and features a helpful user manual. You can check it out here... https://ryelec.com.au/product/zenith-starter/

Good luck :)

RyelecAutomation, Jun 11, 2024
Ask a Question