Upgrading from C-Touch to C-Touch MkII

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by more-solutions, Jun 24, 2014.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

How do I extract a project from an old B&W C-Touch, and transfer it to a new B&W C-Touch MkII?

I have managed to extract the project from the old unit into PICED, but I don't see what I need to do next to change it to a MKII project. I don't have the MKII here in the office to experiment with so need to be ready when I go to site next week.

more-solutions, Jun 24, 2014
  2. more-solutions

Mr Mark

I don't have a laptop in front of me at the moment, but when you open the project, open the properties and use the 'back' option until you see the option for what type of project you want to use eg: PAC, Colour touch, Spectrum etc.

I'll check for the correct option/tab names when I get home and send though the details, but I hope this helps you out.

Mr Mark, Jun 25, 2014
  3. more-solutions

chromus

When you open the project file (that you have saved to a drive on your machine already) click next, it then asks what hardware you are using and you can change the hardware there.

It will give a warning saying something about probably not working or things were changed to work and you are done.

chromus, Jun 25, 2014
  4. more-solutions

more-solutions

Thanks, that was the bit I was missing! A little bit counter-intuitive that you need to save, close, re-open to get to the right dialogue but its easy once you know!

Annoyingly I should have worked it out myself - I also had to change the TK project at one point and that's pretty much the same process...

more-solutions, Jun 25, 2014
Ask a Question