Updating halogen light bulbs to LED bulbs on the C-BUS system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nover27, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Nover27

Nover27

Hi
    I've been updating all my bulbs in my house from halogen to LED and have encountered issues with dimmers. When dimming the light bulbs will flicker, flash, or cut out altogether. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered these problems and how they went about fixing them.

Nover27, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Nover27

Ashley

This has been discussed many times on the forum. Try the search function.

Ashley, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Nover27

deejaycee

You might find that a certain dimmer output percentage gets yuor new LED's dim, but stable. So for example, an output of 20% might be fine, but 10% has them perhaps constly changing their brightness. So you cuold try programming your switch to a fixed percentage and see if you find the number they like.

I also found that, for the brand we have, they don't really go dim enough, they are just too efficient. Anything below 20% doesn't achieve less light, they just become unstable.

We also had an issue that we needed at least two LED's on a dimmer circuit to soak up the voltage leakage, a single LED on a dimmer cirtuit wouldn't turn off. Schneider have resisters they'll sell you to soak up the leakge, we just ensured we had at least 2 LED's on a cuiruit, or changed them from dimmer to relay.

deejaycee, Jun 14, 2020
Ask a Question