Update to Wiser Home Controller in Early 2014

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by sac63, Nov 23, 2013.

1. sac63

sac63

I have been advised that an updated version of the Wiser Home Controller is to be released in early 2014.

Can anyone advise if they have any knowledge of this and what the update may entail as I am looking to purchase but wondering if I should wait for the new version.

sac63, Nov 23, 2013
  2. sac63

Roosta

If its anything like the eDLT it wont be actually available until 2015..

As for 'Wiser 2', the final features and capabilities are yet to be release but there is a bit of info in the most recent CBUS Product overview catalogue, and the Clipsal Trade Product guide..

Unless your updated version you refer to is the 'wiser white' in which case its pretty much the same as 'wiser black'..

Roosta, Nov 23, 2013
  3. sac63

poldim

I hope this time they will use a good foundation for Wiser UI like HTML 5 with more flexibility and easy porting to phone platforms. Anyone know if there is a graphic designer on the design team or it just all engineers?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013
    poldim, Nov 25, 2013
  4. sac63

kjayakumar

A smart guy once told me:
    HTML5: Great for forum discussion and beer bust chats, not so great in real life across different platforms for actual customer usage.
    Eg:
    http://www.infoworld.com/t/html5/bad-news-ios-7s-html5-full-of-bugs-227685

kjayakumar, Nov 25, 2013
  5. sac63

poldim

There is no "saviour" language, but sticking with status quo should not be an option. Adobe has stopped updating flash officially in July (ish). The link you provided is just one example, look at http://www.squarespace.com/tour/overview/. They run HTML 5 with CSS to make beautiful AND functional sites. It can be done, you don't have to pick one or the other.

poldim, Nov 25, 2013
Ask a Question