Unit Transfer Failed

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by countach, Dec 22, 2005.

1. countach

countach

Hi,

I'm new to CBUS toolkit. I have installed v1.2.0 and have it hooked up to my home via a network interface. I have set the network interface to a fixed IP address and connected it to my internet switch. I have the network connection set to Type=CNI and I have entered the fixed IP address in there. Everything is programmed and working by my electrician, but he didn't use the network interface module to do the programming. I am using the elecrician's database, so everything should be fine there.

I am able to control the lights on and off via the toolkit. I am able to Scan the Network and download the existing setup, and copy All Units -> DB. But as soon as I try to copy a unit's programming back to the network it comes up with progress dialog which gets to 13% then fails with a dialog "Error 45127, An error has occured, Unit transfer failed". If I try it a second time, the progress dialog only gets to 0% and then fails. Sometimes the error code is different, I've seen 20037.

I've tried the obvious things like rebooting, restarting the toolkit, but to no avail.

If I ping the network immediately after a network scan, all units return successful. However if I ping the network immediately after a failed attempt to transfer to the unit, all pings fail.

At this point, controlling lights via the toolkit becomes very sluggish, and appears to cease to work. However I think it is still working, it just takes about 2 minutes for the application to respond. Now I need to close the network and re-open it, and everything is okay again.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
    countach, Dec 22, 2005
  2. countach

Duncan

It sounds like your network isn't very healthy.. check the usual things like burdens, clocks, cable length, power supplies etc.

Duncan, Dec 22, 2005
  3. countach

countach

uploads

Does it seem possible that the cause is physical network problems when downloading the network configuration seems to work consistently, but uploading seems to not work consistently?

countach, Dec 23, 2005
  4. countach

wanricky

It may not help, but it is good to start up from beginning with Toolkit. Create a new Project, new network in that project and download the existing setup to a new database in that new project. Since settings are stored in the C-Bus units, you wouldn't lose anything except discriptions of the group address (if there is any). When everything is setup with CNI communication from the beginning, we may minimise any unknown problem due to the change of interface media. I remember that I once had a little problem when I use the same project file with PCI and PAC controller to download programs to a single network. Since I didn't have time to figure out what went wrong after I changed all those communication settings, I simply started from beginning with toolkit and it worked. The only little issue is that I had two projects files and I need to write down which one is the updated one.

wanricky, Dec 23, 2005
  5. countach

Duncan

Its odd.. does it fail on the same unit every time?

Duncan, Dec 23, 2005
  6. countach

countach

>Its odd.. does it fail on the same unit every time?

It seems to fail on every unit every time, except I think I once saw one relay seem to update ok, but I never saw that happen again. I will try the other fellow's suggestion of starting with a new setup and see what happens.

countach, Dec 28, 2005
  7. countach

Duncan

I still think you have Network issues.. its possible that the you added all your Untis to the DB from the Network and elected not to transfer unit programming, this is a lightweight operation with no network comms required.. likewise a scan is, generally, a fairly tolerant operation..

Burdens, clocks, voltages, cable length.. still worth checking

Duncan, Dec 28, 2005
  8. countach

tommo98765

same issue

I'm having a very similar issue.

I can sync with all units on the network but cannot program the units in my downstair garage which consists of a relay, PIR and a Key4 unit.

Attached is the error and diagnostics.

Any Ideas???...?:confused:

[​IMG]

tommo98765, Feb 23, 2016
  9. countach

bmerrick

Hi Tommo,

You have too many burdens enabled there mate. Turn off the burden in the PCI.

You need one burden for less than about 70 units on your network. Try your operation again with just one enabled.

Onboard burdens in relays can often become ineffective after many years of operation, particularly in higher temperature environments. If you turn off the burden in the PCi and you then can't talk to the C-Bus network, it could be the Relay burden being faulty. If that is the case, get back to us for further guidance, but obviously turning the PCI burden back on would be suggested.

Hope this helps,

Brad

bmerrick, Feb 23, 2016
  10. countach

tommo98765

Cheers for the response Brad. I actually turned the second burden on after I found I was having the issues. Should I try turning the relay burden off instead then?

Tonight I'm also going to try plug the PCI into the Garage Relay instead of the touch screen colour, see if that helps at least access the downstairs units.

tommo98765, Feb 23, 2016
  11. countach

znelbok

It was recommended many years ago to use a physical burden and not the burdens built into the units.

My experience has shown that the physical burden is much more stable over time and causes no grief at all compared to the ones built in.

Burden's (or lack of) are usually the biggest issue when it comes to toolkit. For the original poster, I would check which unit has the burden turn on and if none do check for a physical burden on one of the units. If none are fond then you have most likely found your issue.

znelbok, Feb 24, 2016
  12. countach

tommo98765

Burden is becoming quite the burden.

tommo98765, Feb 24, 2016
  13. countach

tommo98765

Solved

PCI was much more happy plugged in the cbus via Relay rather than touchscreen

tommo98765, Feb 26, 2016
Ask a Question