Understanding Logic

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by CUB, Feb 8, 2007.

1. CUB

CUB

Hi all,
    I have recently made enquiries about getting some training in logic but in the mean time i have been playing around with PAC at my own house trying to teach myself at least some basics before i do training.
    What i wanted to know was, can you use logic to enable/disable one or more keys on an input at certain times.
    I want to disable the keys the kids have access to during certain times but still want to be able to use other inputs to switch the same group addresses from other parts of the house.
    What would be the best if any way to achieve this.

Help much appreciated

CUB, Feb 8, 2007
  2. CUB

PSC

One way to achieve this would be to create a group address for each key input. i.e. 'Bed 2 Key 1' & 'Bed 2 Key 2' etc.

You would then need to create a 'Disable Bed 2 Switch' button / group address elsewhere on the network i.e. touchscreen.

You logic would then be written along the lines of -

If 'Bed 2 Key 1' is 'ON' and 'Disable Bed 2 Switch' is 'OFF', then set "Bed 2 Lights' to 'ON'.

or the Coppo version -

If 'Bed 2 Key 1' is not 'OFF' and 'Disable Bed 2 Switch' is not 'ON', then set "Bed 2 Lights' to 'ON'.

You could still have control over the output unit group address (Bed 2 Lights) from other locations on the network.

I hope this helps.

PSC, Feb 8, 2007
  3. CUB

Richo

What model and firmware key input units you have?

Richo, Feb 8, 2007
  4. CUB

CUB

SC503xBNL firmware version 1.2.67

CUB, Feb 8, 2007
  5. CUB

NickD Moderator

Where Richo was going...

Neo/Saturn/Reflections from firmware v1.6.00 onward, and DLT from 1.4.00 onward, support disabling *all keys* on the unit via another group address.

Unfortunately this doesn't help you :(

Nick

NickD, Feb 8, 2007
  6. CUB

Phil.H

Are the loads associated with the keys you want "kid control" on switched or dimmed channels?

If they are switched the logic is real easy. If they are dimmed it might be best to have buttons to increment / decrement a counter then associate dimmed levels per counter value. This solution will also be easier for the kids to use than a standard dimmer where they have to press and hold to dim up then down.

I have multi press, preset dim around the place and it is much more convenient that press and hold. Sounds like a small point but after a few of years of living with it you get to appreciate quick and convenient. All of this is on the premise that you have a PAC or Colour CTouch available. ;)

Phil.H, Feb 8, 2007
  7. CUB

Richo

I was thinking of the keyset feature included in out Wireless offering. This allows you to swap entire behaviour of keys in and out based on remote triggers really easily.

Richo, Feb 8, 2007
Ask a Question