Underfloor heating

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Veryrainyday, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Veryrainyday

Veryrainyday

Any experiences good/bad with Cbus and underfloor heating? Thinking that we will do a few bathrooms with under floor heating and Cbus controlled thermostat but not sure if the hassle/complexity are worth it or not. Is this straightforward?

Veryrainyday, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Veryrainyday

NickD Moderator

I would stay away from the C-Bus Thermostat... whilst underfloor heating is one of the few applications that the C-Bus Thermostat is actually suitable for, it's unnecessarily complicated, not to mention fairly ugly.

If you're using electric underfloor heating, just use a relay channel to switch it and a temperature sensor (5104DTSI) with a sensor in the slab and another in the room and a bit of logic code.

Nick

NickD, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Veryrainyday

Veryrainyday

Are you able to post a pointer to the logic code? Also, any reason why a sensor in both the room and the slab/underfloor is required? (I'd have thought only underfloor is required or is the room sensor needed for calibration?)

Veryrainyday, Jan 14, 2016
  4. Veryrainyday

conor1

Underfloor

Hi
    Another option is to use Cbus relay purely for bringing on heat mat and use temp probe and thermostat that comes with various heating matts , I've used this myself and is reliable and very straight forward .
    Cheers
    Conor

conor1, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Veryrainyday

znelbok

Not having an underfloor heating system I wonder do you change the temperature at all or do you just set it and forget it.

To just use a relay would mean that you cant change the temperature from C-bus, whereas using a thermostat would give you that option.

znelbok, Jan 14, 2016
  6. Veryrainyday

conor1

Heating

Yes agree you can't change temperature from CBus , I just set temperature manually as it's not the primary heating in my bathroom it doesn't need any alterations normally .
    Cheers
    Conor

conor1, Jan 16, 2016
  7. Veryrainyday

Matthew

In my experience, all the underfloor heating systems come with their own temp sensors & Controller.
    as it was already supplied & self contained, there was no value to include it on my c-bus system.

Matthew, Jan 25, 2016
  8. Veryrainyday

Phil Summers

Check out the Aube TH131 UFH controller. It has an input line that allows you to alter the set-point, command "off" and frost-protection modes.

I used a couple of relay channels, some logic and a few diodes to link up to CBUS.

Attached Files:

Phil Summers, Mar 10, 2016
  9. Veryrainyday

Robbo_VIC

Every under floor heating system I've dealt with so far has been a standalone system with a wall controller to set temperature, then the Cbus Relay is just used to turn the whole unit on or off.

Robbo_VIC, Mar 17, 2016
Ask a Question