Underfloor heating CBus temperature probe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ks04, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hi There,

I’m about to start a renovation which will include C-Bus. For the bathroom I’m intending to put in underfloor heating on the tiled area. Rather than have about her controller on the wall I’m considering using a c-bus temperature probe (5100DTSF) and a relay to switch on/off and a bit of logic to then tie it all together - has anyone done anything similar? Will it work, or am I better to stick to the manufacturers controller?

Thanks,

Kyle

Ks04, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Ks04

Conformist

Hi Kyle

I've done this with C-Bus quite a few times. I have a sensor in the room and one under the tiles too, using the 5104DTSI. TBH, the one under the tiles doesn't do too much. I also put a sensor outside (southern side in the shade, just under the eave) and use this to determine how much 'charge' I need to push into the floor. In warmer weather, having this means I don't need to think about switching the 'system' off Been working well for a few years now. The manufacturer's controllers are generally pretty good and I use them when I'm doing bathrooms that are non-C-Bus. If you do go down the C-Bus path, you'll need to put an isolator in the room somewhere to comply with wiring rules as the manufacturer's controller normally incorporates this. I've just got a mech in the GPO that's labeled 'heat' that does this in my case. C-Bus is a great, true automation solution.. one of the many that can be considered automation and not just control.

Hope this helps

Conformist, Aug 2, 2021
    edmondschan likes this.
Ask a Question