Under Tile heating Integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bigdave, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Bigdave

Bigdave

Hey all.

I have under tile heating and the controller broke two winters ago. I live in Canberra and I need to fix it.

I am keen to C-Bus integrate. How would I do this? I imagine I need a relay to turn it on off, and then some way of setting/talking to thermostat?

Anyone done this? Or do I just buy another controller that doesn't integrate?

Bigdave, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Bigdave

JasonY00

Years ago I integrated my dumb Speed Heat branded under floor tile heating in our four bathrooms into my c-bus install.

It was just a case of leaving the control/thermostat on all of the time and having the c-bus relay turn it on/off to a schedule set up in my touch screen.

The control has its own temperature sensor under the tile bed, a temperature dial and only an on/off switch. I just set this once and left it alone.

If yours has its own sensor, then I would recommend replacing the control as it will vary the current based on the feedback from the sensor and stop the whole thing overheating and burning out.

I installed mine 17 years ago and I have never had a problem with them.

Just remember that 10A is the maximum current per channel on a 12 channel relay. That is a lot of current. It would equate to a 2400W heating element. So check your wattage before you connect it all up. My largest bathroom has a heating area of about 5m square and is rated at 1000W.

JasonY00, Aug 30, 2020
Ask a Question