Un able to locate 5500CN via lantronics and MAC address

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by pastorhinn, Aug 18, 2009.

1. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Hi all,
    Simple question, I have a 5500CN which I am trying to access via windows vista home premium on my laptop. I have followed all recommended procedures, and installed lantronixs device installer. But when I try to add device and enter the Mac address that is listed on the side of the CNI it says device not found. I have the CNI connected directly with a cross over cable and have windows firewall switched off. As I have a serial PC interface this is not an urgent request for help but look forward to seeing what you all have for ideas to fix this issue.
    Cheers brenton

pastorhinn, Aug 18, 2009
  2. pastorhinn

Conformist

Conformist, Aug 18, 2009
  3. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

still no luck

hi i had already downloaded this program also but when clicking scan it brings up nothing???? Its strange. even if i dirrect connect my computer with a colour touch screen it wont find it using this ip scan utility, while piced finds the touchscreen easyaly. Any ideas??

pastorhinn, Aug 19, 2009
  4. pastorhinn

Conformist

This utility won't find the colour touch... it's only used for CNI's. If you are using a cross-over cable, you may need to give the network port you are using a fixed IP address. The software won't care if it's on the same subnet or not

Let us know how you go

Conformist, Aug 19, 2009
  5. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

thanks for your good ideas again. i have spent the last hour playing around with my ip settings and trying to get the unit found but so far am just hitting brick walls. Im heading overseas tommorrow morning for a week so will continue to try ideas when i get back. Surely i must be doing something wrong, as im sure its not ment to be this hard?
    O and i thought i read somewhere that this utility was for locating all cbus network items such as touch screens but i was wrong sorry.
    thanks for taking the time to answer my querys.

pastorhinn, Aug 19, 2009
  6. pastorhinn

Darpa

you will need to ensure that your network card has a similar IP address to the CNI, assigned manually, as DHCP wont work with a cross-over cable.

If you don't know the CNI's ip address details, thats the first thing you need to resolve.

Darpa, Aug 19, 2009
  7. pastorhinn

Memphix

That is a handy program Conformist has suggested.

I used this program myself by simply scanning for the device. Editing the devices IP address to 192.168.1.201. Then setting my laptops IP address to an address in the same range 192.168.1.100 to continue modifying its settings.

I used a crossover cable. Some however may need a straight through cable depending on your computers LAN card.

Memphix, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question