ultra sonic sensors / Auxiliary input

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by praveen9587, Nov 29, 2011.

1. praveen9587

praveen9587

I am facing some issues. .Please help

1) I have looped two schneider ultrasonic sensors and taken the potential free out from HVAC and given to one channel of aux input . I have chose the timer function in aux inout. The issue I am facing is that , the light switches on when one sensor detects movement but by the time movement is detected in the second sensor, the light switches off. Can you please tell me what I should change in programming so that it works

2) Also I want to use C bus thermostat for on/off FCU's. Will it work with 230V on/off FCU's with contactors ? is modulating valve controlling thermostat in the pipeline in near future?

praveen9587, Nov 29, 2011
  2. praveen9587

Matthew

Hi Praveen
    My understanding of your 1). installation is: you have volt (potential) free contacts (or dry contacts) from two ultrasonic detectors and a "HVAC" system connected in Parallel into one channel of an C-Bus AUX input unit. This has been programmed as a timer function.
    Then check:
    -Timer is "retriggerable"
    -The time out is a suitable period, you may have to increase it. (e.g. if it is only 5 min, you may need to increase it to 10min).
    By connecting more then one signal to one input you are reducing the control ability. You may be better to put them on seperate input channels that control the same group output.
    Also check what type of signal do these units provide? I presume they simply hold the contacts close and do not pulse signals. This will determine how you need to set up the channel of AUX input and may be the core of your issue.
    NOt sure of your requirement for install 2).
    Sorry I can't help much more, at the extend of my recallable experience!.
    Regards
    Matthew

Matthew, Nov 29, 2011
  3. praveen9587

PrismES

Hi Matthew,
    would i be correct saying the correct program for the above is to set the channel function to "Aux On/Off"

Sorry for the basic question but I'm new to C-Bus and have taken over the maintainence of a warehouse with lighting controlled by c-bus through High level Microwave detectors connected to an Aux Input.

Thanks
    Terry

PrismES, Feb 9, 2012
  4. praveen9587

Matthew

where is the timer?

Hi Terry
    It depends on the specifics of your installed equipment, there are so many variables.
    If you are using the timer function in the detector, and that is "holding" the contacts closed, them the Aux in would simply need to "relay" this instruction. And I don't think Aux on/off would work.
    If the detector is sending a "pulse" signal (momentarily closed) to the Aux Input then you need to program the channel as a re-tirggerable timer, and set the time out function in the Aux Input. This is the preferable way, but it depends on the output characteristics of the sensor.
    Sorry I can't tell you what you should do, It's a long time since I've played with one of these.
    Matthew

Matthew, Feb 10, 2012
Ask a Question