U.S. Hardware Product Substitutions/Inventory?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by LynnT, Jun 27, 2015.

1. LynnT

LynnT

I?m hoping to get some recommendations on which of these parts I should try to purchase now as ?backup inventory? for my current Clipsal installation located in the U.S. My question comes as the result of the recently announced discontinuation of U.S. sales of Clipsal products and my need to support my installation into the indefinite future. If the products I have are unique to the U.S. market only, then probably I should buy some ?backups? now, either new or used. If the Australian/European/Other versions will work in the U.S., then I assume that I would be able to buy from Australia/UK into the future to get my replacement parts through that avenue. My hope is that many of these Clipsal parts are essentially the same in all countries. Hopefully someone can give me some insight, maybe an ?under the hood? view.

Here?s the various part models I have, followed by the number of units of each model. Hopefully this is an ample description for now.

Model #
    DIM DN8 12
    DIM DN4F 11
    DIM PR2 4
    DIM PR1 2
    KEY ML5 64
    KEY DV4 2
    REL DN12 1
    REL DN4 1
    PC INT4 1
    PC CTBL 1
    BCN 4B 2

I know some of these units which are installed here have C-Bus power supplies included within them, so this fact might also be a ?show stopper? when it comes to non-U.S parts, as the supply voltages here is 120v/60Hz.

Anyone that has insight please let me know your thoughts and recommendations. Possibly there are some documented guidelines already out there on what current U.S. installations should do in the future? Possibly there are warehouses somewhere full of these U.S. parts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

LynnT, Jun 27, 2015
  2. LynnT

ashleigh Moderator

An update or statement about support from C-Bus product management would be rather nice for those in the US.

ashleigh, Jun 28, 2015
  3. LynnT

Ashley

An update or statement about support from C-Bus product management would be rather nice for those in AUS. :(

Ashley, Jun 28, 2015
  4. LynnT

LynnT

The Silence is Deafening

Schneider, where are you?????

Am I the only customer in the U.S. with this question????

LynnT, Jul 13, 2015
  5. LynnT

tsman

As you suspect, any units which have a mains power connection such as your dimmers or relays will need a US specific version due to the voltage/frequency differences. Anything which is solely powered via the C-Bus cable itself will be fine to be replaced with Australian or EU sourced parts.

If you want a full shopping list then you'll need to inspect the modules themselves. Toolkit isn't able to distinguish between some variants such as powered vs non-powered so your best option is to actually look on the labels for the full model code.

KEYML5 = 5055DL = Rectangular 5 gang Neo DLT. Not country specific. Any will work.
    KEY DV4 = 5054NL = Rectangular 4 gang E2000 switch. Not country specific. Any will work.
    PCINT4 = 5500PC for RS232, 5500PCU for USB or 5500CN for Ethernet. PC Interface. Not country specific. Any will work.
    PC_CTBL = 50xxCTL2 = C-Touch Mk2 B&W with Logic Engine. Not country specific. Any will work.
    BCN4B = 5104BCL = 4 input bus coupler. Not country specific. Any will work.

tsman, Jul 23, 2015
  6. LynnT

conor1

?

Only a thought but could you use transformr and use uk or Australian units.

conor1, Jul 23, 2015
Ask a Question