Two channels with same name ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Rolecgroup, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Rolecgroup

Rolecgroup

Dont know if this is a problem, whether its been previously addressed, or if its correct.

Following import of an old V2 project i was naming all the channels which dont seem to be copied accross.

I dont remember doing it but obviously did, accidently name a relay channel and a dimmer channel with the same name.

When setting up a Neo switch scene, i couldnt figure out how a single named channel was bringing on a dimmer and relay channel.

Should this be possible ?

Thanks

Dean.

Rolecgroup, Nov 23, 2004
  2. Rolecgroup

znelbok

I believe so.
    Where I have a circuit spanned across multiple channels of a relay or dimmer, I have names the same so that a key input assigned to that group will control all of the channels.

I dont see why this would not be the same across a dimmer and relay

znelbok, Nov 23, 2004
  3. Rolecgroup

george

Two channels with same name

Hi Dean,

There is nothing wrong with the same group being assigned to different channels on different output units. This way you can easily control multiple channels with a single key.

Or you mean you gave the same name to 2 different groups (groups with different addresses)? There was a bug in the version 1.1.1 of the C-Bus Toolkit software which allowed user to create 2 groups with the same name, but with at least one character being in different case. For example, you could have 2 groups: "Kitchen Lights" and "Kitchen lights". Is this what you have? This is fixed in the C-Bus Toolkit 1.1.3.

Regards,
    George

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2004
    george, Nov 23, 2004
Ask a Question