Turning a video projector off via IR

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Wilko, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Wilko

Wilko

If you've used a (modern) video projector you'll know that pressing the Off button on the remote will bring up a message on the screen to the effect of "Press OFF again to switch off".

I'm using a C-touch to control a projector (via NIRT), and need to find a way to have it send the "Off" command instantly, then send it again after say 3 seconds - with only one touch of the screen.

Any ideas?

Wilko, Nov 4, 2004
  2. Wilko

gregr

mmm we have tried this and found that this cant be done ?

gregr, Nov 4, 2004
  3. Wilko

rune

Maybe I misunderstand the problem, but can't you use a scene on the C-Touch to achieve this?

In the scene, set the off command to be sent instantly and then again by "ramping" it over three seconds. If that does not work, I beleve it should work if you use dummy groups to trigger the event. For example:

Master scene:
    - Send off command immediately
    - Set dummy to 100% immediately
    - Ramp dummy to 0% over 3 seconds

Dummy scene t(riggered when dummy hits 0%):
    - Send off command immediately

Well - it's an idea...

Rune

rune, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Wilko

Wilko

Nice one!

This was my first idea, it may well work but I haven't been out to site to try it yet.

That's definitely a good Plan B, thanks for your input!

Wilko, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Wilko

Darren Senior Member

This will not work. You can not trigger a scene off the end of a ramping group.

When a C-Bus command is sent, the Application, Group Address and Level is checked to see if they match the scene trigger, and if so, then the scene is set. The ramp rate is ignored. If you set a C-Bus group address to ramp over 4 seconds to 0, then any scene triggered by level 0 will happen immediately.

The other problem is that there is no 3 second ramp rate :)

In the next day or so, there will be a new version of C-Touch available for download from the forum which allows "pulses" in scenes. This will solve your problem.

Darren, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Wilko

Wilko

Good timing (pardon the pun)! Thankyou CIS for organising your release schedules around my projects. ;)

Wilko, Nov 5, 2004
  7. Wilko

Will

I've found that more complicated time dependent scenes are best triggered by a simple timer button.

Make a button on the touch screen and make it a timer controlling a trigger group. Have the goup go to 100% for 3 seconds, then return to 0%. Now set up a scene that is triggered by the group going to 100% and have it send the off comand for your projector. Set up another scene that is triggered by the group going to 0% and have it send the off command again.

That should fix your staggering problem without waiting for any updates.

Will, Nov 8, 2004
  8. Wilko

Will

Peter,

Could you please tell me more about your projector?

What make and model is it?

Will, Apr 13, 2005
Ask a Question