Turning a scene off

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by tspark, Jul 14, 2009.

1. tspark

tspark

New to CBUS and trying to get my head around scenes. I've got some NEO switches working with scenes but cannot work out the best/correct method of switch off all the lights activated by a scene. At present, I set a button to trigger a scene which dims lights to 0% but fairly sure this isn't correct and uses up an additional button. Is there a method where a scene button can trigger a scene, but pressing the button again switches the scene off? Also can someone point me to the latest CBUS documentation. I've found some links but looking at the screen shots, they look like Windows 3.1! and ancient!.

Cheers

tspark, Jul 14, 2009
  2. tspark

NickD Moderator

The short answer is, at the moment, there is no "proper" way to do what you want, with a single button on a wired key unit.

The much longer answer is that there are various ways that either achieve the same end result or close to it..

- some newer firmware versions get you closer to what you want to do by way of a "Scene Modifier", although this is still on a separate key..

- if you have a device with the logic engine (Wiser, PACA, Colour CTouch, or B&W CTouch Mk2 with logic) could can setup matching on and off scenes in that device and then use a group address in the Neo to trigger the on and off scenes on receipt of the On/Off command from the switch.

Nick

NickD, Jul 15, 2009
  3. tspark

ashleigh Moderator

Or on something like a Neo you can make 2 scenes, one to turn the groups on at some level, and another to turn those same group numbers off. Then assign a button to each scene.

You can put the turn-groups-on scene into one unit and the turn-groups-off scene into another. Depends on what you want to achieve.

This tutorial on scenes may be helpful:

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439

ashleigh, Jul 15, 2009
Ask a Question