Turn on relays in sequence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twistz, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Twistz

Twistz

I would like to turn on some lights on in sequence I have set a 12 channel relay
    first 5 channel turn on threshold to different percentages using a dlt to set a welcome scene but all lights select at the same time can see the dlt dimmer slides moving across must be missing something?

Twistz, Jun 6, 2011
  2. Twistz

Newman

Hi Twiszt. Welcome to the forum!

Your english is very hard to understand. I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to say. Can you try to explain it more clearly?

I think you're trying to say something like this:

• You have a 12-channel relay unit.
    • You are using 5 channels to control loads that are part of your welcome home scene.
    • When you press the button for your welcome home scene on the DLT, this starts ramping these group addresses up.
    • By changing the turn-on threshold for these channels, you are making the lights turn on in a sequence, not all at once.
    • When you press the DLT button, all the sliders and indicators on the DLT start moving.

Is the above correct? If so, what exactly is your issue?

Newman, Jun 6, 2011
  3. Twistz

Twistz

The problem is the lights are all coming on together and not in sequence.

Twistz, Jun 6, 2011
  4. Twistz

Newman

Check the ramp rate you have specified in your scene. If your ramp rate is set to 4 seconds, and you have a turn-on threshold set at 25% then the relay will turn on after only 1 second has passed.

Newman, Jun 6, 2011
Ask a Question