Tuneable White Solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ks04, May 6, 2021.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hi All,

I’m about to embark on updating my lighting design to include some strip lights and contemplating using tuneable white lights.
    My current setup is mostly using DALi and controlling via eDLTs.

I understand the DALI module for cbus does not support tuneable white, so I guess I would need to run as 2 separate Channels - warm and cool - then conceptually have 1 button to control colour temp, then one to control the dimmer relative to the warm and cool % to achieve a consistent colour temp.

has anyone got any experience getting CBus to to work nicely with tuneable white lights? Any tips or suggestions? Is my proposal above feasible?

Ks04, May 6, 2021
  2. Ks04

Spooky

Hi,

I haven't scanned a DALI 209 device with anything other than Dynalite so not sure how it shows up short address wise, but i think its only one per fitting so with c-bus you cant have 2 and mix them as you say.

Looking at the tridonic datasheet for their drivers you could set scenes with different colour temps and trigger that through the dali gateway to change the the colour then dim with a group. Just keep in mind the C-Bus dali gateway sends scenes as a broadcast on the dali line not to a specific group

https://www.tridonic.com/com/en/download/technical/Tunable_White-At_a_Glance_en.pdf

hope that helps.

Spooky, May 12, 2021
Ask a Question