Trouble with Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by p0rt3r, Dec 16, 2010.

1. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

Hello to everybody!

I have troubles with Wiser controller.

I have the following configuration. PC is connected directly to Wiser without any routers using free LAN port in Wiser. Wiser IP is 192.168.1.201, CNI IP is 192.168.1.202, PC IP is 192.168.1.50. No project has been downloaded to Wiser.
    1. When I try to get to the configuration page (URL http://192.168.1.201/SetupDHCP.htm) it does. But when I try to connect to Wiser in Piced, it says "Unable to connect to the device at IP address: 192.168.1.201. Please check the address and the network connection". What I'm doing wrong?

2. C-Bus IP Utility says that CNI IP is 192.168.1.202, and Wiser tab in Wiser's web interface (URL: http://192.168.1.201/clipsal/main.htm) says that CNI IP is 192.168.2.2:10001. What is right? Why does it happen?

3. When I try to connect Wiser in LAN mode (option B) using existing router (router's IP is 192.168.1.1), configuration page of the Wiser is entirely unavailable.

Please tell me what to do. Any questions are welcome.

p0rt3r, Dec 16, 2010
  2. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

After studying CBusForums and especially this thread

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5676 (pgordon, lots of thanks to you).

I have updated the firmware to the version Kona_1.21.0 through the web interface. CNI IP became the right one. After that I could download project to Wiser. But when I try to access to UI in browser it says "Unable to connect to Wiser" again. What to do? All the connections remain the same. I have no iPhone to check the connection another way as in the thread mentioned above.

Sorry for the duplicating similar threads, but there is no solution now for this problem to me.

p0rt3r, Dec 16, 2010
  3. p0rt3r

kjayakumar

Based on what I see below, I think you'll want to check the following:
    - IP and configuration of Wiser in your router UI (http://192.168.1.201/index_i.htm)
    - IP and configuration of Wiser in the PICED project (Project Details -> LAN)
    - checking that these 2 match correctly
    - checking that you've enabled LAN mode in Project Details

kjayakumar, Dec 17, 2010
  4. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

Thanks for help. When I set up connection within local network (option B in manual), it became wisible and returned its programmed GUI in browser! I think some power disconnection and reconnection help. All other options remain the same. One third of total work was done! Next it will be c-bus connection and remote access from WAN. So next troubles (if any) I will post here.

p0rt3r, Dec 20, 2010
  5. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

All work is done! Now Wiser controls c-bus network and is visible from WAN. The connection with c-bus was done without any troubles. Thermostats' setpoint is shown and can be changed. Homesafe security panel can be armed and disarmed as well. There is some known bugs in security panel widget. Zone indicators don't show real status of the zone (sealed or unsealed) in disarmed mode. The developers should to explore and fix this issue.

p0rt3r, Dec 21, 2010
  6. p0rt3r

Conformist

This is not a bug. Change in zone status in a disarmed state is not supported in an attempt to reduce C-Bus traffic.

I understand where this can be a pain, say on zones that don't change state often like windows and doors where display of zone state is desirable. Unfortunately, there is no ability to differentiate between zone device types when broadcasting to C-Bus in the protocol.

Conformist, Dec 21, 2010
  7. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

New trouble in Wiser. The router has tab Administration (http://192.168.1.xxx/AdminManage.htm). Option "Remote Access" -> "Remote Management" was Enabled for debugging process. After finishing I'd like to switch it off. And router doesn't allow to do this. After saving changes router reboots and says that remote management is enabled as no changes were made. What to do?

p0rt3r, Dec 22, 2010
  8. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

New bug in Wiser GUI. I have 7 thermostats, so I've added 7 widgets in GUI project and have placed all of them in one function group "Climate". When I click to show this group, only 5 widgets are shown (depends on screen resolution, my laptop has 1366x768), the rest 2 are not shown and there is no any scroll bar for access to them. It's easy to switch to the location where this widget is, but I'd like to know this is a bug or a feature? I suppose there should be a scroll bar fo such GUI composition (horizontal for line compositions of widgets or vertical for the rest widgets at new line below, depends on developers' choice). In addition, there is no climate widgets in iPhone interface. Are they supported there?

p0rt3r, Dec 23, 2010
  9. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

One more question. Wiser works fine both from LAN and WAN at the moment of testing at owner's home. When I tried to connect to it from another office's LAN, wiser asked login and pass, after that round animation appeared, "Authenticating Socket" title for several seconds, and finally failure box "Unable to connect to Wiser". What to do? What are specific requirements for internet connection, firewall settings, routing, provider blocks, other LAN options, etc to establish connection with wiser from WAN?

p0rt3r, Dec 23, 2010
  10. p0rt3r

Newman

You need several ports open in your firewall and you also need to port forward those ports to the IP address of your wiser. You'll need ports 8080, 8888 & 8889 open as a minimum. If you want to use the Wiser to reprogram C-Bus from the WAN you'll need either 10001 or 14000 (whatever port you're using for Wiser to connect to the CNI). If you intend to update the Wiser project itself remotely you'll need 8336 & 8337 open.

This is explained in further detail on page 40 of the installation instructions for Wiser.

Newman, Dec 23, 2010
  11. p0rt3r

p0rt3r

Hello!

Thanks to all for the replies. Several questions I've posted above still have no answers. So I'm looking for them.
    1. Option "Remote Access" -> "Remote Management" is locked. Cannot set it to "Disabled".
    2. No scroll bar when there are a lot of thermostat widgets on the screen. Not all can be seen at once. No thermostat widgets in iPhone interface.
    3. And new one. When Homesafe panel is to be armed one have to press Arm + code + E. Also Code + E for disarming. In Wiser arming is done simply by pressing Arm in its widget, without any code. Is this a bug? User can press the Arm button accidentally.

p0rt3r, Jan 10, 2011
  12. p0rt3r

Colin Moderator

"You need several ports open in your firewall and you also need to port forward those ports to the IP address of your wiser. You'll need ports 8080, 8888 & 8889 open as a minimum. If you want to use the Wiser to reprogram C-Bus from the WAN you'll need either 10001 or 14000 (whatever port you're using for Wiser to connect to the CNI). If you intend to update the Wiser project itself remotely you'll need 8336 & 8337 open."
    A quick addition to this as i noted you where running in LAN mode. in which case depending on how you have setup the wiser behind your clients router you may need to substitute port 8080 for port 80.

Now your remaining questions

1. Option "Remote Access" -> "Remote Management" is locked. Cannot set it to "Disabled".

This is not managed via the web interface but rather by the the Wiser Flash UI, Under tools icon remote access you have the option to enable and disable remote access, enable disable remote toolkit, enable disable remote programming, When remote access is enabled then remote management is also enabled they can not be separated. Wiser will override the setting the management page.

2. No scroll bar when there are a lot of thermostat widgets on the screen. Not all can be seen at once. No thermostat widgets in iPhone interface.
    It may not be immediately noticeable but their is a scroll bar and it is shown in the user manual. at the bottom of the page just above the time bar is an area that will respond to click and drag movements thus allowing it to scroll. thus revealing more widgets. i think you will find it quite nice (its very good with touch screen pc's)

3. And new one. When Homesafe panel is to be armed one have to press Arm + code + E. Also Code + E for disarming. In Wiser arming is done simply by pressing Arm in its widget, without any code. Is this a bug? User can press the Arm button accidentally.
    No not a bug, their is a specific command available on C-bus to arm the system without the use of a code. This is used by the wiser widget.

Colin, Jan 10, 2011
Ask a Question