Trouble with 2nd DLT in system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infolink, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Infolink

Infolink

Hi There

I've added a second DLT to a system and for some reason when I go to the DLT labelling tab all I get is editable info for the first one. I've checked that the serials are properly registered as well as addresses, tags etc... just can't find any reference to the new unit.

I have been able to program it by the way and all is fine with that - just can't get the labels sorted out.

Thanks

Richard

Infolink, Dec 19, 2007
  2. Infolink

Mark

Hi Info,

When you added the second DLT the groups should have appeared in the DLT Labels section. If they haven't you should still be able to label the groups by de-selecting the "Only show Labels used in DLT Units" checkbox near the top right of the DLT Labels dialogue.
    This will force all groups to show up, so you should be able to pick the ones you need. If you're only labelling a few of many groups, try right clicking on the label to send just that label to the network, rather than saving all to the network, which will transmit lots of pointless labels on non-DLT groups

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Dec 19, 2007
  3. Infolink

wanricky

The DLT label is linked to the Group Address. So, it doesn't matter how many DLT switches controlling that GA, you can and only need to edit once (for each varient of that GA...). All you need to do was to re-download the label to the network. As said, you may just re-download those few labels by right clicking....

wanricky, Dec 20, 2007
Ask a Question